oneBoro Forum

Huddersfield Town V Boro 3-2 ( Johnson, Assombalonga))

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

We didn’t land a fist on Huddersfield after the sun was made and we scored because the referee gave us a very very soft penalty. I’d have been livid had that been given against us. 

Would you have taken Tav off?

No I’d have taken Saville off, but I don’t rate Saville whereas Warnock does. 

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game Details: Venue: John Smith Stadium (or if your prefer Kirklees Stadium) Huddersfield Date: Saturday 28th November 2020 Kick off: 1500hrs or 3pm f you do not understand the 24 hour

That’s because it happened 10 minutes before you actually witnessed it. 

With the amount of Subs now allowed I wouldn't be surprised if NW threw the gauntlet down to Roberts and Watmore after the Johnson and Spence cameos the other night and started with them again. With m

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I think some of today can be partly blamed on fatigue. But it doesn't get any easier between 29.11 and 19.12 (21 days) we have 6 games to come.

The are professional athletes who should be capable of playing twice weekly. We are no different then any other so please don’t make excuses when we have Robert’s sitting it out week in week out.
The fact is m, people think we are better then we are and expectations are far to high. 
I am not so worried about the points if you think we have maintained a point a game over the last 3 games. 
I am worried we will not beat as many teams mid or lower I thought we would

• Like 1
1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Cannot wait for Tav to be dropped next match for Morsy and watch a midfield 3 of Morsy, Saville and Howson behind Spence and Johnson.

I know you're being sarcastic but Johnson hasn't put a foot wrong for us in a while, and Morsy has largely been excellent for us.

I don't think Tavernier should be dropped either though.

• Like 1

Is anyone else a getting a bit puzzled by the Akpom signing? I thought when we brought him in he was supposed to offer something different, even an upgrade, on Britt and Fletch. He plays almost identical to those guys just worse! Did we really have no other options to blow 2-3m on??

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Is anyone else a getting a bit puzzled by the Akpom signing? I thought when we brought him in he was supposed to offer something different, even an upgrade, on Britt and Fletch. He plays almost identical to those guys just worse! Did we really have no other options to blow 2-3m on??

To be fair to him he hasn’t really had the chance to get a run of games together

Bad day at the office. Don’t like these games when we are so open. Should have put it to bed in the first 20 minutes. Not impressed at all with blatant diving by Britt. If he practiced putting the ball in the net instead of trying to compete with Tom Daley we would have won the game today. I do think that fatigue played a part and think that he should rotate the players a bit more.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

The are professional athletes who should be capable of playing twice weekly. We are no different then any other so please don’t make excuses when we have Robert’s sitting it out week in week out.
The fact is m, people think we are better then we are and expectations are far to high. 
I am not so worried about the points if you think we have maintained a point a game over the last 3 games. 
I am worried we will not beat as many teams mid or lower I thought we would

Yep. Its a tough schedule, but its the same for everyone else. We can't use it as an excuse.

Only mitigating circumstance is we maybe have a smaller squad than some.

Only other thing I can think of is that Warnock's preference for man-marking and pressing is taking everything out of us in the first half?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not sure Bola or Howson did much wrong either.

I'm honestly so *** off after this match.

Aye that's true, still not brilliant from them either but it was just an awful game all round really.

Same, this is the first time I've been furious with us all season, hopefully it's just a one off and we get back to normal next game because that was absolutely atrocious!

6 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I'm not making excuses I've already in this thread criticised the lack of substitutions today. Regardless of whether they are professional athletes, the human body will eventually feel the effects of fatigue. We've played twice a week since about Mid-October, with a 2 week break for international fixtures of which some of our players played upto 3 more games in that time. 

Every other team in the league is in the same position as us, but the main difference is that we have one of the smallest squads in the league. Of that small squad it's been depleted further by Fletcher who has been out injured since September and Hall who has also not featured for us since September.

We were crap today, but I think a small part of it can be blamed of a bit of tiredness.

27 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Fry did ok, Tav did ok before he was hooked I thought.  Don't remember Bola getting done too often either.

Fry was not up to his usual standard but I agree with you on Tav and Bola doing okay, I don't think Tav should have been taken off. Just a bad game all round really.

Strange one today as we didn't click as a team but I am also still scratching my head on how we actually managed to get beat today (without the obvious answers).

Yes we were defensively poor for the 1st time this season,but we should of had the game out of sight in the first 30minutes. 

For the first under Warnock including last season, we looked like a team that concedes a bucket full of goals. I'd just put this result as a bad day at the office but I fully expect us to go with Morsy, Saville and Howson against Swansea as a bounce back.

Maybe the condition had something to play with Roberts hamstrings, but I find it extremely odd for not bringing him on when it was clear as day to see there was gaps in behind their midfield. If Tavernier had a final ball/end product in him then we would of punished them as they were just as bad as us defensively. 

6 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Bad day at the office. Don’t like these games when we are so open. Should have put it to bed in the first 20 minutes. Not impressed at all with blatant diving by Britt. If he practiced putting the ball in the net instead of trying to compete with Tom Daley we would have won the game today. I do think that fatigue played a part and think that he should rotate the players a bit more.

Surely you must see on this forum that fans don't mind seeing us get beat as long as play offensively 😂. Always said it's a fine line regarding about entertaining football and getting results.

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Surely you must see on this forum that fans don't mind seeing us get beat as long as play offensively 😂. Always said it's a fine line regarding about entertaining football and getting results.

Yes that explains why it’s all happiness and delight on here now 😃

I don't get why we were so open today we got the lead should of parked the bus. But tried to keep attacking then caught on the counter. We were punished for thinking we were better than what we are due to the chances we had in the first 20 mins. Reflects badly on the attitude of the players today we seemed arrogant.