oneBoro Forum

Huddersfield Town V Boro 3-2 ( Johnson, Assombalonga))

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game Details: Venue: John Smith Stadium (or if your prefer Kirklees Stadium) Huddersfield Date: Saturday 28th November 2020 Kick off: 1500hrs or 3pm f you do not understand the 24 hour

That’s because it happened 10 minutes before you actually witnessed it. 

With the amount of Subs now allowed I wouldn't be surprised if NW threw the gauntlet down to Roberts and Watmore after the Johnson and Spence cameos the other night and started with them again. With m

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Surely you must see on this forum that fans don't mind seeing us get beat as long as play offensively 😂. Always said it's a fine line regarding about entertaining football and getting results.

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yes that explains why it’s all happiness and delight on here now 😃

You two must have watched a different game to me if that was playing offensively. 

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I don't get why we were so open today we got the lead should of parked the bus. But tried to keep attacking then caught on the counter. We were punished for thinking we were better than what we are due to the chances we had in the first 20 mins. Reflects badly on the attitude of the players today we seemed arrogant. 

We did park the bus..it was parking the bus that got them their equaliser, we barely touched the ball after we scored for a good 10 minute spell. Just sat deeper and deeper.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I know you're being sarcastic but Johnson hasn't put a foot wrong for us in a while, and Morsy has largely been excellent for us.

I don't think Tavernier should be dropped either though.

I didn’t say he had. I’m absolutely fine with Johnson and Morsy in the team. I’d have both in the starting line up. But that midfield 5 is incredibly negative. And the worst thing is, I’m not even being sarcastic. I honestly think that’s what Warnock will go with against Swansea. 

For what it’s worth I would have a midfield of Morsy, Howson and Tav behind Roberts and Johnson based on current form. 

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I didn’t say he had. I’m absolutely fine with Johnson and Morsy in the team. I’d have both in the starting line up. But that midfield 5 is incredibly negative. And the worst thing is, I’m not even being sarcastic. I honestly think that’s what Warnock will go with against Swansea. 

For what it’s worth I would have a midfield of Morsy, Howson and Tav behind Roberts and Johnson based on current form. 

What current form is Roberts on?

6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Surely you must see on this forum that fans don't mind seeing us get beat as long as play offensively 😂. Always said it's a fine line regarding about entertaining football and getting results.

Huddersfield's first goal we had 9 outfield players in and around our penalty box.

Their 2nd goal fair enough they pinched the ball up high and caught us on the break. It was a good time to nick the ball for Huddersfield, as McNair and Bola had just accelerated forwards just before the ball was stolen, but even so at one stage it was 3v3. 

Their 3rd goal was a similar situation where they caught us on the break, but we recovered well and had a 3v2 situation. By the time the Huddersfield player took the shot we had 6 players (not including GK) in our penalty box.

It wasn't us being open that cost us, because we weren't actually that open. Poor defending and poor decision making at key points cost us.

• Like 1

I can only assume Roberts spends training leaning against a goalpost with a fag in his mouth, chuckling whenever someone misplaces a pass. Nothing else explains the ongoing absence of a talented midfielder today, in a game that was there for the winning, with the starting players blowing out of their a**es and dismally underperforming, with four subs available to be used.

It's van la Parra all over again.

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

I can only assume Roberts spends training leaning against a goalpost with a fag in his mouth, chuckling whenever someone misplaces a pass. Nothing else explains the ongoing absence of a talented midfielder today, in a game that was there for the winning, with the starting players blowing out of their a**es and four subs available to be used.

It's van la Parra all over again.

He's already played 70 mins this month.  He's a man, not a machine, you know!

• Like 1

Well I did not see that result coming, really thought we would press on when we took the lead, but we just seemed to deflate like an old balloon.

Certainly I felt, if he is ok that Roberts needed to come on.

Onto Sawnsea then!

32 minutes ago, Ash said:

Fry was not up to his usual standard but I agree with you on Tav and Bola doing okay, I don't think Tav should have been taken off. Just a bad game all round really.

I thought Fry played well.  The other two either side of him had off games but he seemed to be the only one getting rid of the danger.

• Like 1

One of those games that got away from us. Started well and should have had two or three in first half hour. game seemed to change after Stearman injury and after their two goals, we never seemed to reassert ourselves. Sometimes we underestimate teams and pay the price. If Warnock feels that the starting 11 were good enough, then the general consensus pre-game was in line with that as nearly everybody predicted a victory. He knows the next game is going to be difficult to win and that may be the reason that Morsy and Roberts weren't used. We have become used to some players maintaining very high standards and when they have an off day, then it shows that in some cases, they are still fallible. We need to accept that this is one that got away and try to ensure that whatever the reason was, it is worked on and hopefully resolved. I blame that Continental person that put his cash on a Huddersfield win 🙂     

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'm not making excuses I've already in this thread criticised the lack of substitutions today. Regardless of whether they are professional athletes, the human body will eventually feel the effects of fatigue. We've played twice a week since about Mid-October, with a 2 week break for international fixtures of which some of our players played upto 3 more games in that time. 

Every other team in the league is in the same position as us, but the main difference is that we have one of the smallest squads in the league. Of that small squad it's been depleted further by Fletcher who has been out injured since September and Hall who has also not featured for us since September.

We were crap today, but I think a small part of it can be blamed of a bit of tiredness.

As you agreed all teams face the same predicament but I said I don’t agree when we have players NW won’t use. We are also allowed 5 subs which were not used. 
 I’ll go one step further in saying part of the problem lies with NW tactics and his reluctance to make changes quick enough which has cost us more points then won. I’m talking about a few draws turned wins. 
I also stated our elevated position give people a false sense of security and defending games won’t win the amount of points they expected. I also said we would be found out and we have. 
I also said I’m not disappointed we have 3 points from 3 games and should the loses have been down to attacking or exciting flare not many would have been so easily critical. Unfortunately they were not. 
What it has shown is we can defend if defending is all we need to do, but, we can’t attack and defend. For me that’s down to belief, midfield, leaders and talkers, 

Edited by sanddancer
9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Roberts is suffering from the classic case of the less he plays, the higher he is rated by Boro fans. This happens every season without fail.

Yeah, you're right on that front I think. As much as I despise Pulis for his time here and how he threw away using the wingers he did bring in at times, the one that still always baffles me a little is the Jack Harrison comments. Don't get me wrong, I think the lad has come on leaps and bounds but he's not the only player who has improved a lot under a world class manager. I don't think that he was ever going to be that player under Pulis in those 6 months.

I also understand the comments who were just disappointed we never used him, same as with Roberts right now (there are a few here who just want to see the lad given a chance now, even if they're not heralding him as the Championship's Juninho) but I don't think there's any guarantee we'd have got even half of what Bielsa has got out of him.

Roberts has still got things to prove too, he's not been on the pitch very much but he's not done a huge amount this season when he has been on it either. There's a balance to be struck here, get him on the pitch so we can call him *** rather than calling him class when he's not on it. 😄

• Like 4