oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Huddersfield Town V Boro 3-2 ( Johnson, Assombalonga))

Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

How conceding two goals be Britts fault? 🤨 How about the poor goalkeeping and defending? How about Spence being absolutely anonymous? How about Tavs awful touch when through early on? 

Britt has been consistently poor the entire season, offers absolutely nothing and it is an absolute embarrassment that we spent 15 million pounds on him. 

• Like 3

Britt has gone backwards- seriously backwards. No doubt the usual suspects will be on here saying we don’t play to his strengths. 

They will need to remind me what these are.....

• Like 2

Just now, Robin Johnson said:

Britt has gone backwards- seriously backwards. No don’t the usual suspects will be on here saying we don’t play to his strengths. 

They will need to remind me what these are.....

The ability to miss sitters? 😂

• Like 1

We need to go back to what we were doing first 15 minutes of the half. Play higher up the pitch, and put real pressure on their back 2 (3 if you include Hogg). 

As others have said we got the goal then retreated, think Stearman coming off allowed Huddersfield to push up higher, but we didn't really do anything to prevent that.

2 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Britt has been consistently poor the entire season, offers absolutely nothing and it is an absolute embarrassment that we spent 15 million pounds on him. 

Is he the reason we conceded two goals? 

Gibson probably can’t wait to get him off the wage bill at this point. Can’t see him getting a new contract

Just now, SmogDane said:

If it walks like a penguin, it probably is a .....

Duck?

Their first goal we litteraly had the full squad in the box not one player closed down to block the shot poor. Was Woodgate defending for the 2nd 

5 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Can't say I always notice him but he has looked a liability this game. Won a couple of corners, thats about it.

We know what happens when we complain about players. He’ll probably score a hattrick next half

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Is he the reason we conceded two goals? 

Not at all. But he is absolutely the reason we're losing.

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

honestly looks like he slipped on the second, looks like he falls over even before Campbell has started to shoot.

I just don't understand why he's even come out for it. Fry is there. He comes out and commits to making a stop, that's why he then slips when he tries to right himself for the dummy and by that point he's completely taken himself out the picture.