oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Huddersfield Town V Boro 3-2 ( Johnson, Assombalonga))

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

That second goal is honestly sickening. 

Yeah, it was like a slow-motion crash. You can see whats going to happen before it actually happens.

3 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Is he the reason we conceded two goals? 

I didn't say he was but if he took his chances before that and we were 2/3-0 up and cruising do you think we would have conceded two goals in 8 minutes like that?

Just now, White Band said:

I really wish we had Fletcher to bring on...

He is our best striker by a mile in my opinion

Just now, AnglianRed said:

Yeah, it was like a slow-motion crash. You can see whats going to happen before it actually happens.

That’s because it happened 10 minutes before you actually witnessed it. 

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Britt has gone backwards- seriously backwards. No doubt the usual suspects will be on here saying we don’t play to his strengths. 

They will need to remind me what these are.....

I don't think there's much more you can do to play to Britt's strengths than putting it on his foot inside the 6-yard box. That one he's put over the bar from Johnson's ball is absolutely dreadful by any striker's standards, not just Britt's. Indefensible on that front.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I just don't understand why he's even come out for it. Fry is there. He comes out and commits to making a stop, that's why he then slips when he tries to right himself for the dummy and by that point he's completely taken himself out the picture.

Agreed, having seen it again not only does he come out, but he comes out at the weirdest angle which is waht causes him to slip when Campbell turns back inside.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I just don't understand why he's even come out for it. Fry is there. He comes out and commits to making a stop, that's why he then slips when he tries to right himself for the dummy and by that point he's completely taken himself out the picture.

He has looked quite indecisive at times. The contrast between him and the Huddersfield keeper is like chalk and cheese.

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

That’s because it happened 10 minutes before you actually witnessed it. 

I'm ahead of you there...I was taking my stream lag into account. 😝

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think there's much more you can do to play to Britt's strengths than putting it on his foot inside the 6-yard box. That one he's put over the bar from Johnson's ball is absolutely dreadful by any striker's standards, not just Britt's. Indefensible on that front.

It wasn’t on his foot. He had to slide to get to a fizzed in ball.  If you can’t make a good connection it goes anywhere. The first chance is the one he has to take because he’s in full control and he doesn’t even hit the target. 

Just now, BoroJake said:

He is our best striker by a mile in my opinion

Didn't need to be our best striker in my opinion to be 3-0 ahead before they scored, the chance where Britt should have passed or shot across goal I think Akpom wouldn't have been greedy and would have passed to someone for a tap in. The other chance Akpom underneath the bar, I am sure that Akpom would have scored that just due to the fact it was easier to score than miss.