Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Huddersfield Town V Boro 3-2 ( Johnson, Assombalonga))

Recommended Posts

There's no doubt we looked shattered. But goodness me, when you're shattered, why do you wait until 5 minutes left to make changes.

Also, I think that challenge on Britt looks like more of a penalty than the one we actually got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

Oh well we are rubbish again boooooooooooooo

Nah, we played ok, at least it was an entertaining match, just one of those games..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People will talk about Britt's first half misses as the reason for this - but he won a penalty and scored it and we scored 2 goals. That is not the reason we lost today. Down to three major factors for me -

Midfield - non existent after first 20 mins, no control, Huddersfield knocked the ball around us with ease, particularly in the second half. 

defence - and keeper included. All over the place and not just for their goals. Unrecognisable from how they've performed the rest of the season, I don't think any of them come out with credit, mcnair at a stretch.

warnock - just crap. Negative selection to begin with, rubbish subs, waiting to long to make any changes. No Roberts. Deciding to stop the attacking subs when we went level showing clear signs of not wanting to go for the win. 0 out of 10 today, didn't do anything right imo.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

People will talk about Britt's first half misses as the reason for this - but he won a penalty and scored it and we scored 2 goals. That is not the reason we lost today. Down to three major factors for me -

Midfield - non existent after first 20 mins, no control, Huddersfield knocked the ball around us with ease, particularly in the second half. 

defence - and keeper included. All over the place and not just for their goals. Unrecognisable from how they've performed the rest of the season, I don't think any of them come out with credit, mcnair at a stretch.

warnock - just crap. Negative selection to begin with, rubbish subs, waiting to long to make any changes. No Roberts. Deciding to stop the attacking subs when we went level showing clear signs of not wanting to go for the win. 0 out of 10 today, didn't do anything right imo.

Spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Nah, we played ok, at least it was an entertaining match, just one of those games..

We clearly didn't play ok though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why Warnock getting blamed. We had enough chances to put the game to bed in he first half. And the goals we conceded were school stuff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We defended like under Woodgate horrendous goals to concede. But credit to Huddersfield very clinical first time we lost to Huddersfield in decades 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

***! We will never get anywhere near the playoffs with this mindset from the manager. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Roberts would have made the difference on his own between winning and losing this game, or even getting a point. But he should have been on the pitch to give us more energy on the pitch, how we can look so void of energy and still only make 3 out of our potential 5 changes is beyond me, 2 of which came in the 88th and 90th minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Not sure why Warnock getting blamed. We had enough chances to put the game to bed in he first half. And the goals we conceded were school stuff. 

He's blamed as didn't put a rocket 🚀 up them at half time. Started second half abject. Didn't make changes quick enough. Accepted the defeat no reaction

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

We defended like under Woodgate horrendous goals to concede. But credit to Huddersfield very clinical first time we lost to Huddersfield in decades 

We lost to them in 2013

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Not sure why Warnock getting blamed. We had enough chances to put the game to bed in he first half. And the goals we conceded were school stuff. 

Because we're clearly gassed, he has Roberts stapled to the bench and he's sat there twiddling his thumbs till 80+ minutes. Horrible game management today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Come on boro let's get the 2 win of our 13 game winning stream 😁
    • H Barnsley v Birmingham H Brentford v Rotherham H Bristol City v QPR A Coventry v Derby H Millwall v Blackburn H Norwich v Luton A Preston v Bournemouth H Reading v Sheffield Wed H Stoke v Wycombe D Swansea v Middlesbrough
    • No idea on team today due to possibility of Tav being injured. A free hit really for us. My best guess.             Bettinneli Dijksteel                    Bola          Hall Fry McNair          Howson Saville Kebano.    Bolasie.    NML
    • Funny you should say that, the latest rumours in the papers are that FIFA are wanting to introduce "robot linesman" for the World Cup next year. Not sure how well it would actually function, but linesman are being made gradually obsolete.
    • The sooner VAR is scrapped the better as far as I’m concerned, it’s absolutely ruining the flow of games, players score but have to wait until they are told the goal was allowed and the decisions are all just as contentious as those that used to be given, pre VAR. I hate the new fad for linesmen not flagging offsides, someone is going to get seriously injured playing on, when the flag should have been raised, there is barely any point having referee’s assistants any more.   I can understand the idea of VAR for clear and obvious errors, but that’s not how it’s being used, the remote ref is pretty much doing the on pitch officials jobs for them and don’t get me started on those marginal off side calls. It’s obvious to any one who has played football that the momentum of the forward will cause them to lean towards the goal, whilst conversely the defender will be leaning forwards the other way. Offside should be judged on where players feet are and nothing else and that can be done by the linesman without the need for VAR.
×
×
  • Create New...