oneBoro Forum

Huddersfield Town V Boro 3-2 ( Johnson, Assombalonga))

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game Details: Venue: John Smith Stadium (or if your prefer Kirklees Stadium) Huddersfield Date: Saturday 28th November 2020 Kick off: 1500hrs or 3pm f you do not understand the 24 hour

That’s because it happened 10 minutes before you actually witnessed it. 

With the amount of Subs now allowed I wouldn't be surprised if NW threw the gauntlet down to Roberts and Watmore after the Johnson and Spence cameos the other night and started with them again. With m

Posted Images

Pfft. I hate that we always have these frantic stoppage time spells. Why do we leave it so late? Why do we not play like this during normal time?

Created some decent chances and had Huddersfield very much on the back foot.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY...do we not do this from the off?

Should have been 3 points and very likely would have been if we'd kept playing like we did for the first 20 minutes. Tried to sit back for far too long. Worked for a while but eventually the pressure told and we collapsed into Woodgate-era defending.

Took ages to get back into the game. Rallied but still couldn't remember how to defend.

Huddersfield deserved the win. Would love to know what happened to us today...

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Not sure why Warnock getting blamed. We had enough chances to put the game to bed in he first half. And the goals we conceded were school stuff. 

He let the whole second half drift without any intention to get at Huddersfield. Then, when we got a very lucky penalty, he reverts to type and goes negative immediately. How’s about trying to actually win a game!?

his substitutions were absolutely woeful 

Other than the first 15 minutes, we were poor today. Bizarre use of substitutions (or lack of), Watmore did look half decent when he came on. Think if we can get him upto full fitness, he'll be a handy option. We move on and we move forward, need a positive result on Wednesday.

Just now, Aphex_Boro said:

We clearly didn't play ok though...

We were ok, not good, not bad, we created quite a few chances and made quite a few mistakes. Those factors don’t suddenly make us rubbish or Warnock a bad manager, just like when we beat the bottom team we don’t suddenly become promotion candidates. 

• Like 2

Warnock has been brilliant but his subs are so hot and cold. It was crying out for them at HT or 60 mins and waits until 80/85. Huddersfield are a very average team and were there to be beat 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

😂😂 one loss and so many people have wet the bed. Are you guys expecting us to now win every game and perform well every week? Come off it, the squad is still massively overachieving.

I expect promotion as am sick of the championship it's depressing league to watch your side compete in. Even when your side win it is still horrendous football match. 

Well NW and the team have been shockingly exposed. I’m not surprised NW had not made tactical changes as he just seems reluctant to do so in any game. NW SHOULD explain why Robert’s is at the club because I would like to know. Brit for me is a waste of space, baggage we can’t carry 
Today we are whooped by a team lower in the league who could have scored more then 3 goals. It happens and it may happen again but let’s face it based on past results we are a mid table team 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

😂😂 one loss and so many people have wet the bed. Are you guys expecting us to now win every game and perform well every week? Come off it, the squad is still massively overachieving.

Nobody's wetting the bed.

People are just understandably angry and upset that we got off to a winning start, but threw the game away through some truly baffling and awful play.

Losing is easier to understand and accept if you were awful the whole game and never looked like winning.

• Like 1

Warnock owns this. Should have hooked Britt earlier. Not bringing wingers on was an absolute open goal missed.

Hudds were in shocking form. He needs to trust his players more. Really annoyed about this game.

Not bringing Morsy on at some point to get a grip was just bonkers.

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Well NW and the team have been shockingly exposed. I’m not surprised NW had not made tactical changes as he just seems reluctant to do so in any game. NW SHOULD explain why Robert’s is at the club because I would like to know. Brit for me is a waste of space, baggage we can’t carry 
Today we are whooped by a team lower in the league who could have scored more then 3 goals. It happens and it may happen again but let’s face it based on past results we are a mid table team 

To be fair we should have scored more than 2 aswell. We should have scored 3 the first 15 min..... 😛