oneBoro Forum

Huddersfield Town V Boro 3-2 ( Johnson, Assombalonga))

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’m probably in the minority, but I liked the fact that Warnock changed to 442, both of our strikers play better with a strike partner. I don’t see how Roberts would have fitted in to that formation. 

Do you think we played well when we went to 442?

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game Details: Venue: John Smith Stadium (or if your prefer Kirklees Stadium) Huddersfield Date: Saturday 28th November 2020 Kick off: 1500hrs or 3pm f you do not understand the 24 hour

That’s because it happened 10 minutes before you actually witnessed it. 

With the amount of Subs now allowed I wouldn't be surprised if NW threw the gauntlet down to Roberts and Watmore after the Johnson and Spence cameos the other night and started with them again. With m

Posted Images

I keep saying we need to get to January still in the mix and add the attacking quality we need. But I’m not confident of adding any real quality which I think makes or breaks our season 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Do you think we played well when we went to 442?

Not particularly, although we did score soon after the substitution was made. 
The point is that I felt going two up top was the right thing to do and had I been the manager I would have done the same. 

12 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

We were ok, not good, not bad, we created quite a few chances and made quite a few mistakes. Those factors don’t suddenly make us rubbish or Warnock a bad manager, just like when we beat the bottom team we don’t suddenly become promotion candidates. 

No one is saying that we are rubbish or Warnock is a bad manager, but to give away 3 goals in such a poor manner defensively, and also not taking our chances up top means we played poorly and need to be much better going forward.

I do see this as a blip and don't expect to see too many more performances like it for the rest of the season but you have to acknowledge the bad days rather than blindly saying we did ok.

7 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Not particularly, although we did score soon after the substitution was made. 
The point is that I felt going two up top was the right thing to do and had I been the manager I would have done the same. 

We didn’t land a fist on Huddersfield after the sun was made and we scored because the referee gave us a very very soft penalty. I’d have been livid had that been given against us. 

Would you have taken Tav off?

5 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

No one is saying that we are rubbish or Warnock is a bad manager, but to give away 3 goals in such a poor manner defensively, and also not taking our chances up top means we played poorly and need to be much better going forward.

I do see this as a blip and don't expect to see too many more performances like it for the rest of the season but you have to acknowledge the bad days rather than blindly saying we did ok.

I’m not blindly saying everything is ok, I was replying to CT’s tongue in cheek comment that because we’ve lost, everyone things we are rubbish again. I think nuance is sometimes lost on Internet forums.