oneBoro Forum

why is it always a nightmare trying to watch the live streams..

I dunno if anyone else has trouble, or if I'm just a simpleton, but pretty much every game I have to spend about 30 mins resetting my password or relinking my season ticket to my account, or performing ceremonial rain dances to get the stream to play.

Not sure what I'm expecting people to say here, but it does my tits in.

Anyway, peace out ✌️

On 11/29/2020 at 1:45 AM, chickenlunch said:

I dunno if anyone else has trouble, or if I'm just a simpleton, but pretty much every game I have to spend about 30 mins resetting my password or relinking my season ticket to my account, or performing ceremonial rain dances to get the stream to play.

Anyway, peace out ✌️

Depends what you're using really. You shouldn't have any problems using a computer, or laptop which is by far the best option. However, if your using a phone it might not be up to the job, You need at least 4 GBs of ram for a decent stream, so if you're using a phone, it's time to upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

I watch it on a laptop on a Chrome browser, because it doesn't always play in Edge, and then cast it to the TV. I don't have any problems now although I did in the early days. I have tried connecting from the app on my tablet and couldn't get anywhere  - just kept going round in a loop

What speed of internet connection do you have, @chickenlunch? If it's ADSL, you'll only have an upload speed of 1Mbps, which basically means if there's a Hive, Alexa or Sky Q box plugged in (let alone anyone else doing things online), your stream will struggle and you might keep getting kicked out. Upload speeds can be a much bigger problem than downloads.

If you're not sure how fast your line is, Google broadband speed checker and see what the download and upload speeds being achieved are.

On 12/19/2020 at 7:40 AM, Downsouth said:

If others are using wifi internet within your household ask them to refrain during a Boro game

If you can't stream a football match with other people using the Wi-Fi then you need better internet. Unless you live in the remote wilderness there's absolutely no excuse for still having terrible broadband.

On 11/29/2020 at 1:45 AM, chickenlunch said:

Anyway, peace out ✌️

Did you manage to sort your stream problems out?