oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea 2-1 (Watmore (2) )

These Championship games are coming thick & fast, next up are high flying Swansea City

With not much resting time between games NW won’t allow his players to feel sorry for themselves after Saturdays away defeat to Huddersfield, when we were totally in control then just fell away, he will tell the player’s  to dust themselves down & hopefully, a repeat performance of our last home game & make amends for Saturdays defeat

With 2 defeats in the last 3 games the Swansea fixture is certainly a really tough fixture to try & get things up & running & go on another unbeaten run, Neil Warnock will certainly have his players pumped up for this game

There are a few headaches, a possible concern injury with the player of the season for me, Dijksteel, while he has as striker options upfront to consider with Assombalonga, Akpom or Watmore???

It's Swansea 23rd visit on Teesside, with Boro winning 12, drawing 5 & losing 5, scoring 57 & conceding 31

Our 1st home win against Swansea was a 7-1 thrashing, we’ve had a couple of 6-2 wins & in 2 games, both George Camsell & Brian Clough scored 4 goals in one game past them

Our last home victory against Swansea was a 3-0 win in our PL relegation season & Jonathan Woodgate final game in charge before the introduction of the messiah, Neil Warnock 

Selected players who have represented both teams

Bill Harris Swansea born he signed for his hometown club but didn’t start a game, he later went to Hull & in 1954 signed for the Boro for £15k where he went on to play 378 games, scoring 72 goals, he became our main penalty taker at one time, he scored twice against his home town club, one from the spot

At one time Phil Boersma ‪ was our record signing £72k, playing 47 games between ‪1975 -77‬, scoring 3 goals. Later for Swansea in season ‪78-79 playing 18 games, scoring 1 goal

Another one of our record signings, John Mahoney ‪costing £90k played 77 league games between ‪1977 -79‬, scoring 1 league goal, at Swansea he played 110 games, again scoring league 1 goal

Dimi Konstantopoulos Boro ‪‪2013-2019 98‬ games, Swansea on loan from Coventry in 2008 4 games

Marvin Emnes played 141 games for Boro, scoring 24 goals between ‪‪2008-14‬, he had 2 loan spells at Swansea 2010 & ‪‪20140 11‬ games 3 goals, signed ‪‪2014-17‬ where he played 19 games, zero goals

Danny Graham 21 goals in 62 appearances for Swansea.  Boro 2 spells, he broke through in to the 1st team in ‪‪2004-2007‬ scoring 1 goals v Coventry in 15 appearances & came back on loan in 2014 playing 18 games scoring 6 goals

Connor Roberts 4 games for the Boro, Swansea to date, 101 games, one goal

Kyle Naughton played 15 games for the Boro, at Swansea to date, 177 games, 5 goalsF

Facts of the day

Dave Currie made Boro debut away to Swansea, when coming on as sub, replacing Dave Thomas for our final 1st division (now PL), away game in our 81-82 relegated season

Swansea were our last FAC opponents at Ayresome Park when they dumped us out of the FAC 3rd round in January1995

Blast from the past 

Dave Currie.jpeg

Screenshot_20201130_020944.jpg

Screenshot_20201130_021002.jpg

• Like 6
  • Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, we always play like that.

These Championship games are coming thick & fast, next up are high flying Swansea City With not much resting time between games NW won’t allow his players to feel sorry for themselves after S

Any game where people give Spence the Motm, and people are asking for Warnock to bring Assombalonga on, is indeed a strange game.

Posted Images

Tough game. Need to win with the way the top-6 is shaping up. Really tough to call after the display at Huddersfield and conceding 3 goals all from open play. I think it'll be a dire 1-1 with Swansea the happier team.

There will need to be some serious psychological rather than tactical decisions made by NW for the Swans game. Was it fatigue, was it the weather, was it those misses that could have seen us three nil up by thirty minutes and cruising at Huddersfield?

I am fully in Warnock's camp but there is a question mark over his use of Subs at times. He usually calls it right but there are now a couple of occasions when he has used them poorly and if fatigue is a contributory reason then he has to start using more than three and more importantly he has to start changing and influencing games sooner with them.

Some tough calls to be made and it is imperative that he does it without favour. There needs to be a clear message of shape up or lose your place. Easier said than done of course with such a small and inexperienced squad but below par mediocrity must have consequences regardless of status or reputation. For clarity that isn't aimed just at Britt who is the obvious target after Saturday, there were a few others who struggled for whatever reason.

Brilliant shout erimus & my mates favourite player

Not long after signing for the Boro he was mistaken as one of the members of the Great train robbery team, released soon after though 

I should have thought of him, he would have definetly gone in to my fact of the day 

He also ran a pub back in Swansea 

Really good OP. As for Wednesday's game, I hope Warnock inserted a rocket into one or two of the players who underperformed on Saturday. Yes, tiredness, fixture congestion etc, but to cave in against a frankly underwhelming Huddersfield side from a position of total dominance is pretty unacceptable.

I didn't want us to change Saturday's starting line-up from the one that started against Derby, and I'd revert back to that XI for Swansea. Watmore and Roberts could cause havoc in the first half, and then bring on Marvinho to put the willies up the Swansea backline. If Britt plays as poorly as he did on Saturday, hook him at half time - we can afford multiple substitutions - and give Akpom a chance to shine.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Fantastic OP!

Think we'll see us bounce back with a thumping 1-0 win. Marvelous Marvin Johnson to make it 3 goals in 3 games.

Marvin Johnson is playing really well, including a couple of goals of late 

2 hours ago, Brunners said:
10 hours ago, TheJew said:

Cant see anything other than a defeat, surprising really.

I can't tell if you actually believe this or if this is now just a thing you do.

If it is just a thing, I wish he'd stop it as its now becoming too flippin accurate. 😟