oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea 2-1 (Watmore (2) )

5 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

As our leading scorer I'd be tempted to play Magic Marvin as the lone Striker with Tav behind and Roberts and Watmore on the wings.

Joint top with Britt who also on 3 for the season. Hope Britt can maintain his recent goal scoring touch

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, we always play like that.

These Championship games are coming thick & fast, next up are high flying Swansea City With not much resting time between games NW won’t allow his players to feel sorry for themselves after S

Any game where people give Spence the Motm, and people are asking for Warnock to bring Assombalonga on, is indeed a strange game.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Brunners said:
14 hours ago, TheJew said:

Cant see anything other than a defeat, surprising really.

I can't tell if you actually believe this or if this is now just a thing you do.

He's been doing it every game as a bit of reverse psychology. However for this game I think a defeat is probably an accurate prediction.  Swansea are playing well and are very attacking.  We tend to struggle with teams that are fast on the counter attack. 

6 hours ago, sanddancer said:

I am sure it’s the first time I have predicted this, but I have to go with form and say, a defeat. I believe NW is dithering and cost us points and Brit statistically is p*** poor. 

The good news is that matches are not decided on current form or there'd be no need for bookies, or anything. That's what we all love about the game its unpredictability...

If we perform we'll gain some sort of result.

10 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Joint top with Britt who also on 3 for the season. Hope Britt can maintain his recent goal scoring touch

I think you will find that Marvin is our top scorer, plus he doesn't take Penalties and has had less minutes on the pitch. His Stats below look a lot better too. Not bad for a makeshift Left Back come Winger. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/middlesbrough/top-scorers#:~:text= Rank , 0.40 6 more rows

I get the impression the Gazette think there will be changes for this game.

Definitely Morsy, Akpom and Watmore. Suspect Wood will be in too. I'd not be surprised if Spence plays right back with Folarin in front of him.

19 minutes ago, edinboro said:

I get the impression the Gazette think there will be changes for this game.

Definitely Morsy, Akpom and Watmore. Suspect Wood will be in too. I'd not be surprised if Spence plays right back with Folarin in front of him.

Warnock comes on here and reads the comments. Clearly he is very astute and so will have learned a few things from our observations and opinions and will react accordingly. 😁

The danger is if he makes too many change and upsets the balance of what he has achieved so far another defeat may start another run, but one which we would rather we didn't. 

8 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

The good news is that matches are not decided on current form or there'd be no need for bookies, or anything. That's what we all love about the game its unpredictability...

If we perform we'll gain some sort of result.

There may be some uncertainty but statistics are used for probability and that is why bookies win a lot more then gamblers. 
I also expect those that perform well are more likely to achieve the result they want then those that don’t try at all. 

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think you will find that Marvin is our top scorer, plus he doesn't take Penalties and has had less minutes on the pitch. His Stats below look a lot better too. Not bad for a makeshift Left Back come Winger. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/middlesbrough/top-scorers#:~:text= Rank , 0.40 6 more rows

Neither are featured in the 24 championship top scorer table. 

31 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think we need to makes changes.

Many of the players seemed worryingly jaded and fatigued on Saturday.

I think this argument overly used when looking at the players mins played statistics in the championship. 

7 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I think this argument overly used when looking at the players mins played statistics in the championship. 

I'd be surprised if there are many, if any, players who have played more football than Paddy McNair this season. 

Dijksteel seemed to be nursing an injury, Saville is obviously going to be a bit out of sorts with whatever this family issue is.

15 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think the giveaway could be in the shooting accuracy stat, barn doors comes to mind for some reason,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers#:~:text=Championship Top Scorers Rank , 11 21 more rows

Brit comes in at 25th @ 21.4% & Marvin 26th @ 21.4%.

Its a bit unfair to point only at the strikers because we are not an attacking team and don't provide opportunity. Saying that Brit is woeful and spurs opportunities. 

23 hours ago, TheJew said:

Cant see anything other than a defeat, surprising really.

Hardly. Your eternally optimistic view is like a ray of sunshine... 😁

Anyway, given we are now facing the team with the best defence in the league (just 8 goals conceded in 14 games) I'm not overly hopeful myself.

On the plus side, Swansea aren't prolific scorers themselves, finding the net 16 times so far and their away form is mixed at best.

On the negative side, we've lost our last 3 games against them - two of those away. The two fixtures before that were 0-0 draws. As Erimus mentioned, you have to go back to 2016 for our last win against the Swans.

I think we'll do well to get a point out of this one, but won't be surprised if we lose. Hoping for another 0-0 or 1-1. 

More importantly will be the players' attitude. Their confidence will have taken a knock after the Huddersfield game. Will they have shaken that off and will they play with belief and purpose? I think we'll have to be quite defensive, but if we can at least keep possession and stop Swansea dominating the game, I won't mind too much.

32 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think the giveaway could be in the shooting accuracy stat, barn doors comes to mind for some reason,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers#:~:text=Championship Top Scorers Rank , 11 21 more rows

Even if you just look at Boro players, Britt still has the 2nd worst accuracy (after Akpom), though he is still our 2nd highest scorer.

Boro Top Scorers 01 12 20.PNG