oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea 2-1 (Watmore (2) )

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Even if you just look at Boro players, Britt still has the 2nd worst accuracy (after Akpom), though he is still our 2nd highest scorer.

Look at the number of shots. Johnson 7 shots and 4 goals, Britt 24 shots and 3 goals, Saville 9 shots and 2 goals same as Fletcher before he was injured with 9 shots and 2 goals.  Tav's stat looks shocking with 20 shots and 1 goal.

Obviously there is more to the game than just mere stats but it does point to if Britt improved his accuracy or maybe passed instead of shooting we may have a few more goals in the "goals for" column.

• Like 1
  • Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, we always play like that.

These Championship games are coming thick & fast, next up are high flying Swansea City With not much resting time between games NW won’t allow his players to feel sorry for themselves after S

Any game where people give Spence the Motm, and people are asking for Warnock to bring Assombalonga on, is indeed a strange game.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Look at the number of shots. Johnson 7 shots and 4 goals, Britt 24 shots and 3 goals, Saville 9 shots and 2 goals same as Fletcher before he was injured with 9 shots and 2 goals.  Tav's stat looks shocking with 20 shots and 1 goal.

Obviously there is more to the game than just mere stats but it does point to if Britt improved his accuracy or maybe passed instead of shooting we may have a few more goals in the "goals for" column.

In defence of tav, he shoots from outside the box a lot more and a couple of his shots have led to goals via rebounds. But he does need to add more goals to his game I agree with that.

• Like 2

Think it'll be a bit of a struggle tomorrow. You know exactly what you're going to get from a Swansea team and we have to be at it from the first whistle or it'll be a long night.

Like to see us rotate the squad a bit because the lads looked knackered on Saturday and the games are coming thick and fast. 

6 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think you will find that Marvin is our top scorer, plus he doesn't take Penalties and has had less minutes on the pitch. His Stats below look a lot better too. Not bad for a makeshift Left Back come Winger. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/middlesbrough/top-scorers#:~:text= Rank , 0.40 6 more rows

Haha i can only apologise to Neymarv. Doing him a disservice. Probably also doing him a disservice for recycling his new nickname to a player not fit to lace his boots.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Haha i can only apologise to Neymarv. Doing him a disservice. Probably also doing him a disservice for recycling his new nickname to a player not fit to lace his boots.

Neymarv or Marvinho will do, I am sure that both Neymar and Juninho are both humbled to be associated with such a top flight world class player as the mighty Boro's Marvin. 😉

Was convinced the game was tonight for some reason... had the stream on thinking: "by, they're leaving it a bit late to start the coverage aren't they?!". Doh!

Anyway, need a win to get us back into the groove. 6 points from the last 4 games wouldn't be disastrous. Hope we cut out the sloppy goals against as well. 

Always a tough fiture be it home or away and I suspect it will be the same be great to get a win but at this point a draw will be ok.

Well game day and also my birthday so come on Boro and 3 points will do nicely as a present!

Oh and if interested the same age as a Beatles song

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Always a tough fiture be it home or away and I suspect it will be the same be great to get a win but at this point a draw will be ok.

Well game day and also my birthday so come on Boro and 3 points will do nicely as a present!

Happy birthday Alan. 8? (Days a week) 😃

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

I happy birthday Alan. Ref the Beatles song is it “One after 909” (let it be album) 😉

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Many happy returns to you, hopefully your birthday wish comes true 

• Like 1