oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea 2-1 (Watmore (2) )

5 minutes ago, Hewie said:

Very good result. Norwich losing and lots of draws tightens up the top of the table... 4 points between 1st and 9th

That’s tighter than skinny jeans after a 3 month lockdown 🤭

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, we always play like that.

These Championship games are coming thick & fast, next up are high flying Swansea City With not much resting time between games NW won’t allow his players to feel sorry for themselves after S

Any game where people give Spence the Motm, and people are asking for Warnock to bring Assombalonga on, is indeed a strange game.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Great win that. 

Great performances tonight by a bunch of players:

Spence
Fry
McNair
Bola
Morsy
Watmore

Thought Howson and Tav had off games, Johnson was up and down like he usually is. Bettinelli scares me.

I was just about to post exactly the same comment! Great minds think alike. A corner came in near the end, and passed right in front of him. He didn't catch, or punch, or even jump - just stood and watched it, waiting for Fry (IIRC) to clear it. That's not going to give the defence much confidence.

Pluses tonight - brilliant performances from Spence (why did nobody turn that wonderful low cross in near the end?), Fry (dealt with almost everything) and Watmore (what a signing he could be).

Minuses - Bettinelli gives me the fear, defensively we look less solid than previous games, Akpom contributed pretty much nothing. We are still a good striker away from being serious contenders.

Fantastic result. Another one of those games where 3 or 4 of the lads could be MOTM. 

Spence's best game in a while and Fry was top draw in the air. 

Agreed with the comments on Bettinelli. Commands the box well but I feel like we're going to concede every time there is a shot. Unlucky with the deflection for their goal mind.

Just now, RiseAgainst said:

I was just about to post exactly the same comment! Great minds think alike. A corner came in near the end, and passed right in front of him. He didn't catch, or punch, or even jump - just stood and watched it, waiting for Fry (IIRC) to clear it. That's not going to give the defence much confidence.

He does that a lot. He doesn't often come out for balls either leaving the defence to hook them away - although the one time he did he massively air kicked so maybe it's better this way.

Just now, Barnaby said:

My Mrs came in,how you getting on,2-1...is that at Boro's ground?...Your not very popular are you,There's not many fans there...She's not a football fan 

Kaa 2.jpg

Or a fan of current affairs by the sounds of it 😛

• Haha 1

Excellent result in what was a extremely hard work gritty performance.

Disjointed at the back and in between midfield and defence but on the break we were excellent

As you are aware not a fan of Spence but thought its the best he has played in a long while.

Love to win games like this when we are on the back foot - Feels like a massive result.

UTB!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Better to wait I think.  Just see how he goes for the rest of his contract or at least up until the start of January.

He's already done enough to earn an extension till at least the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Better to wait I think.  Just see how he goes for the rest of his contract or at least up until the start of January.

I think you're right because the fitness concerns are the big thing, we have to see how he goes for the rest of the month, a very tough month in terms of fitness. But I think after tonight especially, he's probably about 80% guaranteed to be given an extension. He was a bit of a gamble and I think so far, he's shown he has something to offer.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

My Mrs came in,how you getting on,2-1...is that at Boro's ground?...Your not very popular are you,There's not many fans there...She's not a football fan 

Kaa 2.jpg

image.gif.eba31502a2d49f31574a3a7953d10591.gif

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think you're right because the fitness concerns are the big thing, we have to see how he goes for the rest of the month, a very tough month in terms of fitness.

Agree, but do think we will need to act sooner rather than later though. Especially if he continues his form, as it'll increase his bargaining power (contract wise).