Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, we always play like that.

These Championship games are coming thick & fast, next up are high flying Swansea City With not much resting time between games NW won’t allow his players to feel sorry for themselves after S

Any game where people give Spence the Motm, and people are asking for Warnock to bring Assombalonga on, is indeed a strange game.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I hope these 'if only' moments don't come back to haunt us at the end of the season. They're racking up already - if we hadn't lost to Norwich, if we'd held on against Huddersfield, if we'd managed to find a way past Blackburn in that first half where we pounded them like a sailor on shore leave...

Do you know, when you first came in here I knew you were a services man. You can never, never disguise it.

I wouldn't panic and start throwing silly contracts at Watmore just yet, we knew before he signed that he had ability but I think he needs to prove he can stay fit as much as anything else. 

The same will go for other clubs looking at him, teams are rarely fighting other each other to sign an injury prone player. 

If he plays well consistently until January then I think we'll be in the box seat to sign him. 

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Has Warnock said anything about Dijksteel any news on him?

Yes, said just nicked something vs Huddersfield, wanted to take him off before the 3rd goal but Marv took a quick free kick and killed the chance.

Thinks it's not serious and likely 10 days, won't be risked at weekend though.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Yes, said just nicked something vs Huddersfield, wanted to take him off before the 3rd goal but Marv took a quick free kick and killed the chance.

Thinks it's not serious and likely 10 days, won't be risked at weekend though.

Yeah best to take precaution. But what Warnock has managed to do in teaching Bola and Dijksteel their duty is fab 

45 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Warnock says Jonny Howson is playing with a bad hip and is receiving pre game, half time and post game treatment on it to get him through. Might explain the lower performance today.

I didn't even think he was that bad today. Not good if he's having to have that much treatment though. Without his engine we'd be nowhere near where we are.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Warnock says Jonny Howson is playing with a bad hip and is receiving pre game, half time and post game treatment on it to get him through. Might explain the lower performance today.

Surprised he didn't rest him tonight then since Morsy was back.

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Of course they'll come stage were we have to outweigh the cost of a potential new deal for him, compared to his output. But as I agreed we should wait a little bit, but if he continues in the way he has been playing that decision will come a sooner. 

Well yeah, if he keeps scoring two goals a game it will!

The table still don't lie 😉 
Ifs and buts .. There will always be that one or two games .. For every team.

If my mom had a propeller on her head, she would be a helicopter 

BUT

only 4 points between 10th and first .. That's crazy, but it has been the tendency last few season.. I love this league

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, White Band said:

Just watched the highlights.  Lovely second goal from Whatmore.  

Their keeper seemed to turn to stone as Watmore shot, then just fell over as it went in 😄

• Like 2

I'm not worried about the Watmore situation. He trained for free here and turned down longer deals elsewhere to sign a very short deal here. I reckon we are definately his first choice, and if he continues to prove his fitness and he gets gametime I'm comfortable that he will get a contract until perhaps summer of 22. 

It does speak volumes of Roberts through that Watmore comes in like that, gets a short contract and is above Roberts. They are fairly similar in the way they play but Watmore seems to have a better football brain as he actually knows when to pass and shoot instead of running into blind alleys. 

• Like 4