oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea 2-1 (Watmore (2) )

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I'm not worried about the Watmore situation. He trained for free here and turned down longer deals elsewhere to sign a very short deal here. I reckon we are definately his first choice, and if he continues to prove his fitness and he gets gametime I'm comfortable that he will get a contract until perhaps summer of 22. 

It does speak volumes of Roberts through that Watmore comes in like that, gets a short contract and is above Roberts. They are fairly similar in the way they play but Watmore seems to have a better football brain as he actually knows when to pass and shoot instead of running into blind alleys. 

I think Warnock has mentioned a few times that Watmore often covers the most ground of any player in the team which obviously Warnock likes. Can’t see Roberts being near the top

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, we always play like that.

These Championship games are coming thick & fast, next up are high flying Swansea City With not much resting time between games NW won’t allow his players to feel sorry for themselves after S

Any game where people give Spence the Motm, and people are asking for Warnock to bring Assombalonga on, is indeed a strange game.

Posted Images

What I find REALLY nice, is .. 

We struggled to score, cause Warnock focused on strengthening our defence and spine...   Then he promised to fix the attack as well and boom - We have scored 7 goals in the last 3 games .. I know we had a bleep v Huddersfield, but we still scored twice and had chances to score at least 5 .. 

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I'm not worried about the Watmore situation. He trained for free here and turned down longer deals elsewhere to sign a very short deal here. I reckon we are definately his first choice, and if he continues to prove his fitness and he gets gametime I'm comfortable that he will get a contract until perhaps summer of 22. 

It does speak volumes of Roberts through that Watmore comes in like that, gets a short contract and is above Roberts. They are fairly similar in the way they play but Watmore seems to have a better football brain as he actually knows when to pass and shoot instead of running into blind alleys. 

Think it's one of the few times being in the north-east aids our transfers, when a player at Sunderland/Newcastle doesn't want to move...

• Like 3

Btw what a move and pass by McNair for Watmores second. Brilliant to start a counter like that. Good thing we've tied him down. With Brexit English talent will become even more wanted and if McNair continues like this he's playing in the Prem in the 22/23 season at the latest. 

14 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Btw what a move and pass by McNair for Watmores second. Brilliant to start a counter like that. Good thing we've tied him down. With Brexit English talent will become even more wanted and if McNair continues like this he's playing in the Prem in the 22/23 season at the latest. 

He finally seems to be embracing playing as a CB. He's always said before that he didn't want to be a CB he thought of himself as a midfielder, but if he embraces it and hones the craft I think he'll be one of the better CBs in the league by the end of the season.

46 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I think Warnock has mentioned a few times that Watmore often covers the most ground of any player in the team which obviously Warnock likes. Can’t see Roberts being near the top

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Warnock was told Watmore had run 10km in one training session alone one time, which was way way higher than anyone else.

• Wow 1
13 hours ago, Brunners said:

Warnock says Jonny Howson is playing with a bad hip and is receiving pre game, half time and post game treatment on it to get him through. Might explain the lower performance today.

Yikes! If he's in that bad a way, he needs some time out of the squad ASAP to get proper treatment and rest up.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He's Northern Irish.

Hopefully that will throw people off.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Finally - The Gazette gave Bettinelli an 8 last night and called it his best game for the club. We clearly aren't watching the same goalkeeper!

Maybe Gibson is doing the player ratings as well now? 😁

Can't believe I missed this one as well. Reading the reports it sounds like it was a close-fought game with chances missed by both sides to increase their tallies.

Chuffed that we bounced back like this from the Huddersfield game. Another good display against another of the better teams in the division. Also looks like NW could have unearthed another gem in Watmore...a very timely acquisition with the way our other strikers are misfiring.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Maybe Gibson is doing the player ratings as well now? 😁

Can't believe I missed this one as well. Reading the reports it sounds like it was a close-fought game with chances missed by both sides to increase their tallies.

Chuffed that we bounced back like this from the Huddersfield game. Another good display against another of the better teams in the division. Also looks like NW could have unearthed another gem in Watmore...a very timely acquisition with the way our other strikers are misfiring.

In terms of chances, outside of their goal I can only really remember Swansea having two chances - the save by Bettinelli with the block by Tav as a follow up in the first half, and then the chance caused by Bettinellis air kick early in the 2nd. 

We could arguably have had 4 or 5, Morsy had two efforts that were well kept out, Johnson nearly fired in a worldie from outside the box and Spence played in an absolutely superb cross just before Swansea scored that nobody gambled on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Finally - The Gazette gave Bettinelli an 8 last night and called it his best game for the club. We clearly aren't watching the same goalkeeper!

Or the same match?

I thought Bettinelli was pretty poor last night, sowing doubt in his defenders and totally failing to command any situations. I'd only give him eight for that performance if the scale went up to 100.

3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Or the same match?

I thought Bettinelli was pretty poor last night, sowing doubt in his defenders and totally failing to command any situations. I'd only give him eight for that performance if the scale went up to 100.

They literally wrote that he "commanded his box well late on"

like...umm...what.

• Wow 1