oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea 2-1 (Watmore (2) )

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Btw what a move and pass by McNair for Watmores second. Brilliant to start a counter like that. Good thing we've tied him down. With Brexit English talent will become even more wanted and if McNair continues like this he's playing in the Prem in the 22/23 season at the latest. 

The defending for that goal was appalling. Tav and Watmore were both through on goal between two Swansea defenders about 20 yards apart from each other.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, we always play like that.

These Championship games are coming thick & fast, next up are high flying Swansea City With not much resting time between games NW won’t allow his players to feel sorry for themselves after S

Any game where people give Spence the Motm, and people are asking for Warnock to bring Assombalonga on, is indeed a strange game.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Or the same match?

I thought Bettinelli was pretty poor last night, sowing doubt in his defenders and totally failing to command any situations. I'd only give him eight for that performance if the scale went up to 100.

Maybe it was the total count of all games played. 😗

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Humpty said:

The defending for that goal was appalling. Tav and Watmore were both through on goal between two Swansea defenders about 20 yards apart from each other.

That still shouldn't take away the good move by mcnair to first steal the ball, break forward and play an inch perfect pass across the pitch right into the feet of Watmore. At this level you would easily see a bad pass. It was a lot more than just bad defending. By that reckoning you could say that most breakaway goals are down to bad defending as the opposition team have committed men forward and left holes. McNair exploitet that perfectly.

• Like 3

I'd say you have low standards of expectation...

He could've put it within an 8 foot radius of either Tav or Watmore and they still would've been in on goal. He did well to steal the ball, but if that was my defence i would've gone ape *** with them.

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Yikes! If he's in that bad a way, he needs some time out of the squad ASAP to get proper treatment and rest up.

If both Morsey and Saville are fit for the next game he might get a rest, or a spell on the bench. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That still shouldn't take away the good move by mcnair to first steal the ball, break forward and play an inch perfect pass across the pitch right into the feet of Watmore. At this level you would easily see a bad pass. It was a lot more than just bad defending. By that reckoning you could say that most breakaway goals are down to bad defending as the opposition team have committed men forward and left holes. McNair exploitet that perfectly.

I'm sure he played it with his weak foot too, which makes it even better 

8 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I'd say you have low standards of expectation...

He could've put it within an 8 foot radius of either Tav or Watmore and they still would've been in on goal. He did well to steal the ball, but if that was my defence i would've gone ape *** with them.

We're in the Championship so yeah I don't have the highest expectations. I think you'll find just as many moves like that break down at this level.

I think it was similar to the Johnson goal against Derby really in that they had overcommitted and we were able to catch them on the break.  It wasn't a difficult pass to make, it's just whether you get your head up and see the opportunity or not.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Humpty said:

It's really not a difficult ball to play at that level. 

Well he's got 2 players round him, he's on the run after breaking out of defence, he's playing it on his weaker foot and the pace on the ball is basically the deciding factor as to whether Watmore gets into the best scoring position. If you watch it back, Watmore actually stretches to make sure he's got it under control so if there's any more pace on it, it likely pulls him wide and Manning can get back in to cover.

I certainly don't see why we'd watch the goal back and go on about Swansea's defending, I couldn't give a toss about their defending. It was a well-executed move by McNair from the moment he decided to close the ball down. It's not like it was a guaranteed goal when he picks it up, is it?

• Like 1

That's just my opinion having played a bit on worse pitches. I'm not saying it's a given, he's got some work to do before he wins the the ball, but the hyperbole over the pass itself is excessive.