• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a massive Championship win over Swansea City at the Riverside on Wednesday evening to keep us ticking away nicely with the chasing pack Ducan Watmore putting us in a great position with 2 go

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We'll smash 'em, 3-0.

Watmore to get a hat-trick 😄

Why so modest😜

In all seriousness I have this down as a 0-0 which will be a decent point away against a fellow top-6 rival. Can we win it? Sure we can, but we'll need to be more clinical and not end up inother situation like at huddersfield where big misses cost us.

• Like 1

We won down there last season under Warnock so to do it two years running would maybe be a little optimistic. That said last season's result earlier this year will have absolutely no bearing on this season's fixture as we saw against Swansea. The key thing is that deep down feeling that we won't get beat (despite the Huddersfield and Norwich setbacks) is riding high so a draw for me as a minimum, although I'd love a victory.

Most seasons you look at the top teams who you would happily take an away draw from and then the middling to lower teams where you would want a win. That we are only four points off top spot and five points from fifteenth indicates that more than ever the Championship this season is one where anyone can beat anyone. No game is a given. The lack of crowds is clearly having an effect and neutralising games so that home advantage is negligible.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

We won down there last season under Warnock so to do it two years running would maybe be a little optimistic. That said last season's result earlier this year will have absolutely no bearing on this season's fixture as we saw against Swansea. The key thing is that deep down feeling that we won't get beat (despite the Huddersfield and Norwich setbacks) is riding high so a draw for me as a minimum, although I'd love a victory.

Most seasons you look at the top teams who you would happily take an away draw from and then the middling to lower teams where you would want a win. That we are only four points off top spot and five points from fifteenth indicates that more than ever the Championship this season is one where anyone can beat anyone. No game is a given. The lack of crowds is clearly having an effect and neutralising games so that home advantage is negligible.

I guess thats the thing we need to bear in mind.

While we are playing better than we have done for some time and have shown we needn't fear anyone in this division, the highly unusual circumstances (I wanted to avoid saying "unprecedented") football finds itself in right now, mean that its going to be harder than ever to keep winning or unbeaten runs going.

Our small squad, coupled with the rammed fixture list and the inevitable fatigue / injuries, plus the lack of crowds (or very limited crowds going forward), are resulting in more widely varying performances and results.

So I think for the time being we should just celebrate every positive result while trying to avoid getting too annoyed / downbeat over bad performances / results. Even the top teams are being a bit inconsistent at the moment.

If we're still in contention for a top 6 spot come March / April, hopefully circumstances will have changed enough that we can have a really good go at cementing a play-off place...in front of decent-sized crowds, if not full stadiums.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Erimus74 said:

We have done tremendously well to get to this many games & only a few points off the playoff positions & 3 off the 2nd, with a wafer thin squad & the remainder of the players who struggled for the majority of last season then so far it's been a success 

UTMB 

I know we keep mentioning our "light weight" squad but are we that really in comparison to others disregarding the 3 demoted PL clubs from last season?

Surely most others in our league are in the same situation bar one or two?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I guess thats the thing we need to bear in mind.

While we are playing better than we have done for some time and have shown we needn't fear anyone in this division, the highly unusual circumstances (I wanted to avoid saying "unprecedented") football finds itself in right now, mean that its going to be harder than ever to keep winning or unbeaten runs going.

Our small squad, coupled with the rammed fixture list and the inevitable fatigue / injuries, plus the lack of crowds (or very limited crowds going forward), are resulting in more widely varying performances and results.

So I think for the time being we should just celebrate every positive result while trying to avoid getting too annoyed / downbeat over bad performances / results. Even the top teams are being a bit inconsistent at the moment.

If we're still in contention for a top 6 spot come March / April, hopefully circumstances will have changed enough that we can have a really good go at cementing a play-off place...in front of decent-sized crowds, if not full stadiums.

Good post AR but here's the thing and from what I have seen we are as good if not better than a lot of teams on showings so far.

Honestly believe we will just keep plodding on under the rader and then suddenly we will be in a very strong position.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Good post AR but here's the thing and from what I have seen we are as good if not better than a lot of teams on showings so far.

Honestly believe we will just keep plodding on under the rader and then suddenly we will be in a very strong position.

Pretty sure that's NWs hope too, he keeps saying he just wants to be a point or two off playoffs come January.

55 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

You have to admit that the longer he is here the more we are warming to him.

The players know where they stand but at the same time are treated like adults

• Like 2

yes, as already stated, another tough game in store which leads me to a point of opinion. it sems we have had a real tough run of fixtures and continue doing so , but in hindsight its more a result of how badly the woodgate experience (gibson doesnt go un noticed here) affected us fans psychologically in mindset. whereas in previous championship campaigns we viewed upcoming fixtures with a mindset similar to the likes of norwich,derby,cardiff fans, i.e those with top 6 ambitions , this year were seeing things through similar eyes as the likes of rotherham, barnsley and the likes, those who expect nothing more than lower half finishes and avoiding bottom 3. the last two results speak volumes of how unpredictable this team and this league is. i think there genuinely are up to 12 sides capable of winning the title this season and if pushed to select one id plump for swansea , there again if i was asked to name half a dozen away games i believed we were capable of winning , huddersfield would be right in there. so theres no reasoning our last two results. stoke are a mirror of ourselves , a fancied team for top 6 that imploded in recent times and seem to have rediscoved thier mojo , we have a good record there so we could gather a point ..or maybe even 3 but they will want to put a bit more distance between us and should be up for the game. i cant possibly hazard a punt at the outcome , none of the 3 would suprise me.

44 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Just popped onto their forum it's nice to read opposition fans fear playing us now. Wonder how Mikel does if he plays against us 

We must be doing something right 👍