• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Preston game will be the 54th game between both teams at their ground, with the following record:- Won 19 Drew 13 Lost 20 Goals for 73 Goals against 74 It couldn't be

Stojanovic deserves a chance in my opinion. Bettinelli has been extremely poor once he had to actually make some saves in a game.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

What a ***. 

Yes that’s a very disappointing reply from NW. But it’s Drury’s job to prepare for a response like that and follow up on it. He can easily suggest it’s because we’re already 2-0 down and there’s only ten minutes left and maybe starting him might make a difference. 

fact is we pick 10 of the 11 based on their defensive ability so we are going nowhere. 

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

image.png.0f75e0b2ea5d63819648060e43eba3c4.png

😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

I can understand Warnock he must have been disappointed that Roberts couldn't bag a hat trick to earn us a point, soak your head Warnock what a pathetic thing to say. If he doesn't rate him then he shouldn't have signed him simple as that.

8 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Where have I said that mate?

I've simply said the football is terrible which I have said all season even when getting results, and I was simply stating my opinion that we have not been beaten heavily apart from last night and Stoke? Meaning that fans need to put it into perspective that it's just been a bad couple of results and not to jump onto the Warnock out bandwagon.

Stop trying to manipulate what people say. 

We have won more games than we have lost this season and you argue if Warnock was more braver with his substitutions like I have also stated this season, we could of turned those draws into wins.

I feel the only games this season where we have lost that we haven't deserved anything out of was last night and Stoke.

I don't understand all the doom and gloom at this stage and just feel it's a knee jerk reaction after back to back defeats.

Where have you said what mate?  I'm a bit lost now, sorry.  We have had previous chats where you've said that the football doesn't matter, all that matters is winning.  I'm sure we have?

Last night you said 'The football is terrible I agree, but majority of fans just want results and not to be beaten heavily and apart from tonight and Stoke I would say we have been solid under Warnock including last season.'

I assumed you included yourself in that but if you don't then I'm obviously mistaken.  Not to be beaten too heavily has nothing to do with winning or getting results, and frankly I don't know many fans who go into games simply hoping to not be beaten heavily - it seems a pretty low bar to set.  Maybe in a cup game against a top side you could see it but in league games?

So I wasn't trying to manipulate what you said, I was just responding to what you've said.

In terms of our record, we've won 6, drawn 6 and lost 5.  I don't think there's anything especially good about that but perhaps I'm being overly harsh.  It seems like a fairly hit and miss type of record, and unsurprisingly it sees us almost exactly midtable.  It's certainly not terrible though.  The football is terrible, the results are about average.

35 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Where have you said what mate?  I'm a bit lost now, sorry.  We have had previous chats where you've said that the football doesn't matter, all that matters is winning.  I'm sure we have?

Last night you said 'The football is terrible I agree, but majority of fans just want results and not to be beaten heavily and apart from tonight and Stoke I would say we have been solid under Warnock including last season.'

I assumed you included yourself in that but if you don't then I'm obviously mistaken.  Not to be beaten too heavily has nothing to do with winning or getting results, and frankly I don't know many fans who go into games simply hoping to not be beaten heavily - it seems a pretty low bar to set.  Maybe in a cup game against a top side you could see it but in league games?

So I wasn't trying to manipulate what you said, I was just responding to what you've said.

In terms of our record, we've won 6, drawn 6 and lost 5.  I don't think there's anything especially good about that but perhaps I'm being overly harshly .  It seems like a fairly hit and miss type of record, and unsurprisingly it sees us almost exactly midtable.  It's certainly not terrible though.  The football is terrible, the results are about average.

Yes I think we have just mistaken each other's comments tbf mate.

I will always agree with you regarding getting results is the most important thing, that's why I love football. And why I have participated in playing football myself so much over the years. I see getting a draw as a result so I am devastated when we don't get all 3pts but it's slightly more bearable when we deserve something more. I have only felt against Preston and Stoke that we didn't deserve anything and thats a refreshing feeling after last season.

Unlike you as I know your thoughts on this, I'm prepared to stomach horrible football as long as we don't get beat consistently and thats one of the reasons I appreciated Pulis. There is nothing more I'd like is to play entertaining football and win football matches, but I'd like to think I'm a realistic and thats going to take a complete overhaul. Even if Klopp was in charge of these players, that isn't going to happen so I have had to lower my standards mate.

Personally I think you are being harsh when it comes to our record this season because some of the games like Norwich I felt we deserved something out of the game, similar to the draws where I felt we should of got all 3pts as we were the better team like Cardiff and Blackburn away.

• Like 1

It just seems odd that literally every other attacking player has had a good run in the team. Spence, Johnson, Tav, Akpom, Britt and now Watmore. Then our most creative player in Roberts gets 10minutes at the end of every other game and is expected to suddenly become our saviour to get a goal. He clearly has quality and skills that no one else in our team possesses. Give the lad a PROPER run in the team and see if he can get some form. Genuinely what is there to lose? We couldn’t and wouldn’t be complaining if the team was scoring goals, but watching some of our ‘attacking’ play at times is just unbearable.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

image.png.0f75e0b2ea5d63819648060e43eba3c4.png

😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

WTF! Very disappointing reply but says a great deal about NW & Roberts. To be fair Roberts should be released if he is out of favour, and I’m surprised city has not recalled him. Who would have thought BORO reject a City player eh., 

13 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

WTF! Very disappointing reply but says a great deal about NW & Roberts. To be fair Roberts should be released if he is out of favour, and I’m surprised city has not recalled him. Who would have thought BORO reject a City player eh., 

I just think it's mad that Roberts even bothered coming back. Either he had no other concrete interest elsewhere or Warnock didn't properly tell him how he'd be utilised. He's just come off the back of a season where he spent the first half of it on loan somewhere they didn't want to play him and now is in the same position here, just a level further down the pyramid.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

I can understand Warnock he must have been disappointed that Roberts couldn't bag a hat trick to earn us a point, soak your head Warnock what a pathetic thing to say. If he doesn't rate him then he shouldn't have signed him simple as that.

BUT! we should not worry to much because the only issue we have at the club, which should be sorted soon, is the return of Dijksteel. NW said “ I don't think we can play it without Dijksteel," OR! hang on a minute, does that mean all the squad are duff apart from him? One thing I can state, there is no need to think NW, we didn't play but I don’t think you can blame failure on one missing player, do you? 

12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I just think it's mad that Roberts even bothered coming back. Either he had no other concrete interest elsewhere or Warnock didn't properly tell him how he'd be utilised. He's just come off the back of a season where he spent the first half of it on loan somewhere they didn't want to play him and now is in the same position here, just a level further down the pyramid.

We can’t judge Roberts because we have not seen him but I do feel for him. Roberts must be so depressed not knowing what the hell he is not doing wrong. 

• Like 1