oneBoro Forum

Preston have been relatively poor at home results wise this season, so although it won't be easy, I think this is a game for us to really target. That said our away form hasn't been great either. Looks like Preston often edge the possession stats at home, but as of yet they've only got 4 points from 8 games to show for it. With that in mind it's a game that is set up for a NW classic. 

I don't want to see us with 3 central midfielders, partly for squad rotation reasons and I also don't think we create enough with the 3 in midfield, especially when we go with 5 at the back.

I'd go with;

Bettinelli,

Spence, Fry, McNair, Bola

Morsy, Saville

Watmore, Tav, Johnson

Britt

I'd like to think Howson might be rested, but I think Howson will have to play until he literally disintegrates.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Preston game will be the 54th game between both teams at their ground, with the following record:- Won 19 Drew 13 Lost 20 Goals for 73 Goals against 74 It couldn't be

Stojanovic deserves a chance in my opinion. Bettinelli has been extremely poor once he had to actually make some saves in a game.

Posted Images

Really no idea what to predict. No way Roberts starts, I suspect he will be back at City in January.

I'd like to see Watmore start. I'd also like Britt never to take a free kick when Wing is on the pitch. That was stupid on Saturday.

Back 5 picks itself until Dijksteel is back.

Morsy and Saville in front.

Watmore Wing Tavernier

Akpom up front for me.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, edinboro said:

No way Roberts starts, I suspect he will be back at City in January

Apparently, due to injuries, Alex Neil reckons that he has selection problems at left back. Maybe its the perfect time to play Roberts on the right with Spence behind and overlapping. I'd move Howson across slightly to the right of the midfield with instructions to cover for them on the break. In fact maybe a back three of Fry, McNair and Bola would be ideal for this one. I'd Stick Johnson on the left side for us as at least he will get a shot on target at some point.

18 hours ago, edinboro said:

Really no idea what to predict. No way Roberts starts, I suspect he will be back at City in January.

I'd like to see Watmore start. I'd also like Britt never to take a free kick when Wing is on the pitch. That was stupid on Saturday.

Back 5 picks itself until Dijksteel is back.

Morsy and Saville in front.

Watmore Wing Tavernier

Akpom up front for me.

I really don’t understand why he is here to be honest and surly City loaned him to be used and not sat on his a**e. 
Now, and someone pointed this out already, the less he plays the greater his reputation and status. The question is though, is he, but we won’t know until he is given the opportunity. I think he is crook otherwise City would have pulled him back from his loan spell, surly? 

On 12/6/2020 at 10:20 PM, Neverbefore said:

Going by current form this one is a win right? And then we get carried away will the next game which we lose and it continues for ever and ever!

Is it just me or has this been the longest run of Wednesday night fixtures in a long time? We always seemed to get the Tuesday slot for mid week games in my memory

All games should be played on the same day. It's a ridiculous notion to split the fixture list in half for midweek games.

Echo the thoughts on Watmore and Roberts, it looks like one of the best times to have them in with Preston's poor home form and injuries. They're really odd because they're terrible at home but the best team away in the league.

They've only scored four at home but Scott Sinclair and Tom Barkhuizen are still decent threats at this level so can't go gung-ho but we really need something extra up top. 

3 points a must.

• Like 2