oneBoro Forum

So a week and a half to go.....

until we kick off against Ipswich.

What are we thinking in the lead up to this match? Do you think we have a team that can get off to a good start and pick up momentum early on?

Or do you think we need more signings? In which positions?

Personally, i've not been this excited for the beginning of a season for a long time. We've got a strike force that we know can score goals, and we've got 2 centre backs who built up a good partnership last year and showed they can work well together.

If we get Kink, then i think we're just looking for a RB and a LB. I think Hoyte might be good enough for now (maybe until Jan), but i think we're struggling in the LB department. Is Grounds good enough to cover there? I think we're going to need someone brought in myself.

Other than that though i think we have cover up top, Lita can still come on and be super sub for us i think.

If push came to shove would you chance Emnes in a wing position?

NO EMNES! NO! :P

Williams, McMahon, Hoyte (as well as Bates and Hines who can play there) at RB? I think we're covered there...

Bennett, Grounds and Taylor should be enough at LB to start us off with but we do need someone better.

Need back up at CB too.

I think bringing in a winger is priority which we look like doing, everywhere else in the team looks good in terms of a starting 11.

I agree a bit of cover at centre back is needed but we're looking good.

we need a goal keeper - we need two full backs for either side - we need cover for centre half - we need two wide players with pace and crossing abilities

we have a good spine for the team - Central defenders/midfielders/attackers but we need some spice for going forward and some spine for defending down the flanks

We need them for what? Do you think the current squad is not good enough to challenge?

Obviously the more players we bring in the better but I don't agree that we need all those players to challenge for promotion, I think we look strong. The only position I would say we currently need is at least 1 winger.

We need them for what? Do you think the current squad is not good enough to challenge?

Obviously the more players we bring in the better but I don't agree that we need all those players to challenge for promotion, I think we look strong. The only position I would say we currently need is at least 1 winger.

I don't think that our full backs are good enough to stay the course for the season and we'd be a much stronger side with better players than Hoyte, grounds, taylor and Williams.

who out of our width players would frighten you if they were running at you?

maybe Franks

maybe halliday

but they're both really untested

the rest aren't those types of players

we have a good squad but it's early days yet.

as i said we have a good spine - ahell of a lot better than last season but you need good width to punish teams

Why do we need wingers who can scare players by running at them? Surely end product is much more important than a bitta pace? Put it this way, would you rather have beckham or shaun wright phillips? Im happy enough with playing the likes of bailey, robson, o Neil etc in a wide position if needs be, as they can all do a job there. I would of course love to get a winger or two in, but I dont care if they can "frighten the life out of a defender".

Oh and in terms of fullbacks.. I think were about as well equiped there as any other team in the league. McMahon, Williams and Hoyte are probably three of the best right backs in the championship and we have them all! At left back we have Taylor, Grounds, Bennet and Arca. I personally think Arca could do a job given a run of games there, but I do appreciate we could do a bit better in this position, but enough to go out and spend millions. Maybe a loan signing.

Why do we need wingers who can scare players by running at them? Surely end product is much more important than a bitta pace? Put it this way, would you rather have beckham or shaun wright phillips? Im happy enough with playing the likes of bailey, robson, o Neil etc in a wide position if needs be, as they can all do a job there. I would of course love to get a winger or two in, but I dont care if they can "frighten the life out of a defender".

Oh and in terms of fullbacks.. I think were about as well equiped there as any other team in the league. McMahon, Williams and Hoyte are probably three of the best right backs in the championship and we have them all! At left back we have Taylor, Grounds, Bennet and Arca. I personally think Arca could do a job given a run of games there, but I do appreciate we could do a bit better in this position, but enough to go out and spend millions. Maybe a loan signing.

footballers are scared of pace whether that be park football or professional football. i do however agree with you that there has to be an end product.

kink and/or conway could be good additions

I'd prefer beckham over shaun wright philips, but i'd prefer messi over beckham anyday. :-)

I'd happily mark a player like Oneill anyday of the week than come up against somebody like adam johnson.

i hope that makes sense.

I hope that Mcmahon comes on to his full abilityl, hoyte defencively can be found wanting at timesand i like williams.

i'm not a fan of Arca and would be happy to see him sold, taylor isn't as good as when he first came through, grounds and bennet both need more games under their belt

Yes you might not wanna mark against AJ but as a defender in the same team you might not either be that happy being left alone all the time lol ;)

Football is not only attacking