oneBoro Forum

The Walking Advert for Greggs has left the Building

El Fat One MiDough has finally left Boro and joined Ajax on a free transfer.I wonder how long it will be before the official website quietly confirms the news.

Whilst there was quite a few fans thinking he could score for fun in this league the club just were not prepared to take the risk of having him ruin what Strachan is building plus we are skint and cant afford his wages.

It will be interesting to find out how much he has cost us in the 3 years he has been at the club , £6 million transfer fee,£42k per week wages,Image rights, Luncheon vouchers etc etc.Will we get a farewell message? Im sure the local takeaways are upset.

Goodbye El Fat One.

Yes he was a truly awful signing, one of many in the last few years. Given his track record we were really stupid laying out so much money on him. Thank god he is now gone.

Catastrophe from start till finish and those who allowed this to happen should hang there heads in shame and ensure that there is never a repeat of this again....so sort out Diggard asap!!!

Well if it wasn't for poor management from Gareth things might of been different. Scoring goals form the bench and still not starting. Looking back in hindsight things could of been handled better form both parties.

The thing is Mido was such a noose around the clubs neck because they couldnt accurately budget for this summers transfers as they didnt know if he could be sold and if so what would incentives did they have to give (if any) to the buying club, or if he stayed the list of targets that Strachan had come up with would have to be trimmed.

Lets put the sorry episode behind us and move on, lets hope the club have actually learnt something from this fiasco.

Now we just need to get rid of Emnes,Digard and may be a few others:)

Well if it wasn't for poor management from Gareth things might of been different. Scoring goals form the bench and still not starting. Looking back in hindsight things could of been handled better form both parties.

Although I agree with you to a degree, that's water under the bridge now. Mido is one of those players who will never be happy until he's managing his own club and, even then, he'll want another one if the first one doesn't perform to his satisfaction!

Well I'm very very happy to see the back of this mercenary, he's been a noose around the neck of the club for the past couple of years.

I wonder how long he'll be happy at Ajax for

I've just heard from a reliable source that as a direct result of Mido's exit, Ginsters have withdrawn their offer to sponsor us for August & September!

I agree 100%. It is easy to criticise another big earner who didn't do his bit, but to be fair, he did his bit and showed lots of energy and heart in the cause only to be kept out of the side by that waste of a shirt Alves.

It was poor management and Mido was disheartened by it, why try if your sucessful efforts aren't rewarded. It was all too easy to jump on the bandwagon because of his tempremental history. I do feel he could and should have been a hiy at the Boro.

Why is that important? Did he score for Boro? Yes. Did he look a half decent player early on? Yes. Did that change when he was regularly left out after performing well? Yes.

There have been plenty of players who did well for Boro, moved on and never recaptured that form. Zeige for one. Dowining another. Where they tempremantal ***holes who we couldn't wait to get rid of? Not especially no. I'm not saying he doesn't have issues, what I am saying is, it could have been very different, indeed it almost was.

Im expecting him to officially sign on Thursday or Friday latest.He has travelled over there to get things sorted.No doubt Boro will have to cough up some cash to make sure he goes.