oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall 3-0 (Watmore (2) Tavernier)

1565254358_Screenshot2020-12-10at17_57_11.png.7392bbed98c0beada91851b07a499b40.png

Middlesbrough V Millwall 12th December 2020

Kick off: 15:00

"The great battle of the teams with a Lion on the badge"

This Saturday sees the Neil Warnock's Warriors return home following a sorry defeat on the road at Deepdale. Preston made Warnock's Warriors look lame. Less said about that the better I think.

Millwall visit the Cellnet on a 9 match winless run which includes three losses and an impressive November where they either drew 1-1 or 0-0. Fingers crossed we can make that a 10 game winless streak for them and rediscover some of the fight that had us winning games.

Millwall fans seem like an angry bunch so I've not sought their opinion of the match. I'd guess they will be terrified about losing and wondering where a goal will come from. This is one of those games where the first goal will win it... Heard that a lot recently haven't we.

FOOT IN BOTH CAMPS:

Uwe Fuchs, Boro Legend and possibly the best name any Boro player ever has had, signed for Millwall after gaining cult status on Teesside. He didn't impress Bryan Robson enough to earn a permanent move here and ended up at the Den scoring five goals in his one season there. I'll never forget reading his name on Teletext when he signed...

There are a few others worth a mention: Colin Cooper, George Friend, George Saville... and Justin Hoyte

TALKING POINTS:

Who has the superior Lion on their badge?

Who will score first (and win)?

Would we be top of the league if Ashley Fletcher was fit? (He gets better in my head the longer he is out injured...) 

What should the line up be?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game over after 20 mins, would have been nice to score a few more but that was a comfortable win either way.  Two thumbs up 👍👍

Warnock's got me followed.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, marvin said:

Would we be top of the league if Ashley Fletcher was fit? (He gets better in my head the longer he is out injured...) 

1. Millwall's lion is better. It's throwing a punch. Ours looks more like a dragon.

2. They will, because our strikers seem to have lost their way very badly.

3. Not only would we be top, we'd already be mathematically guaranteed promotion. Ditto if Roberts had started every game he was available for,

4. To be honest, you might as well put everyone's name in a tombola and pull out eleven names at random. I'd love to see Stojanovic, Roberts and Watmore given a run in the team, with two strikers up front because playing one on their own is doing absolutely nothing for us. Given Wednesday night's debacle, I'd suggest a 4132 formation with Morsy holding, Tav and Watmore on the wings and Roberts behind Britt and Chuba. Hey, we might get battered, but we got battered at Preston being defensive, so I'd rather lose with a positive formation than a negative one.

It will be interesting to see what he does without howson. He was so important to the game plan that he got ran into the ground and now we're forced to have a rethink. 

I wonder if he'll bring wood in and move McNair to that shielding role. I think that's the most like for like switch we can do. Otherwise he's going to have to put something a bit more attacking out there. Maybe sav more defensive and tav in. 

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I was thinking more likely Morsy shielding the defence.

He tends to use two though, normally howson and morsy, so I was thinking more along the lines of who would join morsy in that job.

I call it a tie. Millwall's is obviously more realistic, but I think Boro's is more artistic.

Maybe Roary and Millwall's mascot (Denny?) should have a fight to decide the winner? 

I predict a goalless draw.

Nope. He's good, but not that good. All strikers need support and service from the rest of the team and we just haven't been doing a good job of that lately. Plus our defence has become alarmingly leaky.

Won't happen, but given our defensive issues, I'd go 4-4-2.

Boro vs Millwall.PNG