Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall 3-0 (Watmore (2) Tavernier)


Recommended Posts

I'd like to see;

Bettinelli,

Spence, Fry, McNair, Bola

Morsy, Saville

Watmore, Roberts, Tav

Britt

The 3 behind Britt I'd just let them all flit and swap about position wise in attack. Then in defence I'd have Watmore and Tav tracking back out wide, and just have Roberts in a free role.

No point risking Dijksteel if we can help it.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game over after 20 mins, would have been nice to score a few more but that was a comfortable win either way.  Two thumbs up 👍👍

Warnock's got me followed.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'd like to see;

Bettinelli,

Spence, Fry, McNair, Bola

Morsy, Saville

Watmore, Roberts, Tav

Britt

The 3 behind Britt I'd just let them all flit and swap about position wise in attack. Then in defence I'd have Watmore and Tav tracking back out wide, and just have Roberts in a free role.

No point risking Dijksteel if we can help it.

 

I'd go with this. I like tav on the left, his best couple of games for us came in that position at the end of last season imo, and also involved him linking up with Roberts. I just don't see it happening given warnocks comments. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Roberts again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I just don't see it happening given warnocks comments. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Roberts again.

Yeah I can't see that team being put out by Warnock myself. I've been saying for a little while Howson should be rested, but we persisted and look what happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Warnock's going to have to come up with a plan B now Howson's out for a month, not resting Howson has blown up in our face and he's got his work cut out to replace him.  

I'd love to see Roberts given a chance and prove Warnock wrong but he won't be because Warnock's a stubborn *** who unfortunately has made his mind up about the lad, and I think he's wrong. I'm sure the little back handed comments from Warnock about Roberts must be doing the lads self confidence a world of good, cracking man management skills.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'd like to see;

Bettinelli,

Spence, Fry, McNair, Bola

Morsy, Saville

Watmore, Roberts, Tav

Britt

The 3 behind Britt I'd just let them all flit and swap about position wise in attack. Then in defence I'd have Watmore and Tav tracking back out wide, and just have Roberts in a free role.

No point risking Dijksteel if we can help it.

 

Take Roberts out and put Johnson in and thatys the exact team you will see unless Dijksteel makes it on time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Take Roberts out and put Johnson in and thatys the exact team you will see unless Dijksteel makes it on time.

Think you're right, I'd love to see the 3 I named behind Britt as we often lack any meaningful movement in attack. Watmore has shown glimpses of it in his short time, same with Roberts (mainly last season) and I think if you take some of the creative burden off of Tav he could do very well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Think you're right, I'd love to see the 3 I named behind Britt as we often lack any meaningful movement in attack. Watmore has shown glimpses of it in his short time, same with Roberts (mainly last season) and I think if you take some of the creative burden off of Tav he could do very well. 

I agree completely.

Would love to see Roberts start and it doesn't help when you hear Warnock bang on about needing to find a way to score goals.

We needed to win last season to stay up so that's the only reason we took chances and started Roberts. Unfortunately I don't think we will see him start again before he goes back to city in January.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked at the u 23 team down at Fulham.  I wonder about Danny Dodds as he's not playing

Is he another one to make the bench tomorrow ?   If that's the case then *** Steel will be sitting out again

There is no Jones or Folarin either so they are in touch with the 1st team squad too

Zac Hemming is in goal,  does that suggest an other one of the lads is ready to step up too

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rishworthian said:

Just looked at the u 23 team down at Fulham.  I wonder about Danny Dodds as he's not playing

Is he another one to make the bench tomorrow ?   If that's the case then *** Steel will be sitting out again

There is no Jones or Folarin either so they are in touch with the 1st team squad too

Zac Hemming is in goal,  does that suggest an other one of the lads is ready to step up too

Pulis name checked Dodds, Hackney and a striker whose scoring for fun as the 3 he likes from u23s earlier this week and could follow Jones and Folarin in fo first team picture

Link to post
Share on other sites

They lost 3-1  Hayden Hackney and Romarn Burrell both played, neither scored.

 

Fisher was subbed in the second half and Cole Kiernan came on for him and scored. ( don't shoot me over the spellings, I'm hopeless)

 

2 of their defenders scored which sounds like get a cross in and the big defenders all charge  ..........   but I'm really just speculating

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Pulis name checked Dodds, Hackney and a striker whose scoring for fun as the 3 he likes from u23s earlier this week and could follow Jones and Folarin in fo first team picture

Wonder if it is Burrell he's talking about, can't think of many other out and out strikers playing for the U23s atm that score "for fun"

Dodds and Hackney I absolutely wouldn't be surprised to see start turning up on the bench soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...