oneBoro Forum

Is O'Neil playing games.

Stoke put a bid in of around 2mill,Boro refused it because quite rightly it is to low.

Offers of around 4.5mill will be looked at.

Now he wants to stay "again".

FFS Gary make yer frigging mind up.

You are like a woman in a clothes shop so undecided what the fuk you want.

In the meantime I for one would love him to stay.

If he changes his mind again then I'll frigging pay his taxi fare to where ever he wants to go.

Thats unless he changes his mind again before the cab gets there.:huh:

Has anybody actually spoke to this geezer,pray do tell does he sound like he has a screw loose. :D

Stoke put a bid in of around 2mill,Boro refused it because quite rightly it is to low.

Offers of around 4.5mill will be looked at.

Now he wants to stay "again".

FFS Gary make yer frigging mind up.

You are like a woman in a clothes shop so undecided what the fuk you want.

In the meantime I for one would love him to stay.

If he changes his mind again then I'll frigging pay his taxi fare to where ever he wants to go.

Thats unless he changes his mind again before the cab gets there.:huh:

Has anybody actually spoke to this geezer,pray do tell does he sound like he has a screw loose. :D

Thought it was his wife that complianed most. Maybe he slapped her around some ;)

There is no doubt that it is important to get GON off the books to help finance or at least balance what has been happening lately.

If he really added something to the team in terms of being creative and scoring more frequently then fine but he doesn't and I feel he is a luxury we can no longer afford to keep. Perhaps Boro will have to consider a reduced amount so that all know where we are going with GON

That's not true LS. Strachan said he wants to keep him and if it goes to plan O'Neil will still be here. But he also said it is down to money and if a good bid comes in for him then O'Neil will be on his way. I strongly suspect this to be the case and personally can't see where he'd fit into the team. We have plenty of central midfielders better than him so I can only see him playing right wing where he is not very effective.

I completely understand Strachan wanting to keep him. It's a long season and we'll need plenty of players. For me though it's just purely the 30k per week he's picking up which means he's a luxury we can't afford if we can offload for a good 3+million.

He can be a good winger, we not gonna play pacy football anyway so he can do a job at a wing with no problem. Strachan type of football dont need pacy wingers, whats needed is 11 players that work their ass off and work home and sacrifice their soul for the team. With Boyd and McDonald now in the team we would need hard workers as wingers because those two will not work their asses up there but I hope they can score the goals :)

Oneil - Robson - Thomson - Bailey

Thats my midfield. I hope its Strachans too when the 7th came, or we can ofc play Flood and Franks on the right too, but I rather have them as backup and Oneil as starter. Oneil has more quality in the end product then both of them, whatever the rest of you belive. And its always good to have players that can play in many positions. Easier to change a match plan then.

Now you can start and yell at me again :)

I disagree LS, I think Strachan likes to play with one strong midfielder on one side of the wing and a true winger on the other side. He would not be signing the likes of Kink and chasing Conway if he didn't want mobile attacking wingers in his team.

If O'Neil stays I'll look forward to seeing this quality in the end product you promise us he has :)

And I suppose Portsmouth strikers were the same? Rubbish right?

I'm not saying O'Neil is rubbish, I'm just saying he is an average, decent player who isn't worth half the wages we pay him. His end product is debatable but let's face it, Barry Robson came into the same team and produced as much as O'Neil in half the number of games. That is with O'Neil having his best season for us too mind.

I guess we will argue this forever, but I could say it is not the strikers fault they had O'Neil supplying them is it? Are you now saying that Alves is rubbish, because I seem to recall you telling us you know he is a good player. I guess O'neil just didn't pass to him.

He was good at Portsmouth, he is legend down there, all of them have wanted him abck since day 1, now ofc they cant afford him.

Alves was rubbish at us, I have never said anything else, that doeasent make him rubbish is a player though.

Lots of examples where footballers perform bad in one place but shine in another. Alves played in the brazilian national team and scored, wouldent call him rubbish just beacuse of 1,5 season with us, He did score 6 goals in 11 games ther season he arrived.

I am not staring blindly at assists and goals. I love Elmander, he is a forward who can't score but if you look at the job he is doing upfront you will eb amazed on how much athat reflect on teh team he plays for. In the swedish national team he is briliant upfront even if he never scores, he is a forward but his job is actually not to score lol :) The swedish manager was laughed at for that and most fans hate them both, but thats just show how little the public actually know about the game :)