oneBoro Forum

Boro V Luton Town 1-0 (Akpom)

25 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

They can if it's considered a frivolous appeal, but I just can't see how this could be classed as one.

I've not actually seen any bans be extended in ages.

You are aware who we are right? We will probably lose 3 points if we appeal.... 🙎‍♀️

• Haha 3
  • Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me too. But the missus has a headache again 🙁

During the Karanka spell. The team got each other a secret Santa. Gorgeous George received a hamster (I forget what they called it) but after receiving said rodent we went on a brilliant run of form s

I heard the luck ended when Gary Monk ate the hamster by swallowing it whole and digesting it slowly as it worked its way down his oesophagus. He then blinked sideways and slithered back to his basket

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

They can if it's considered a frivolous appeal, but I just can't see how this could be classed as one.

I've not actually seen any bans be extended in ages.

Haven't seen one be extended since Aliadiere tbh

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, ladyspite said:

You are aware who we are right? We will probably lose 3 points if we appeal.... 🙎‍♀️

We've had a bit of fortune with appeals in the last few years.

I think Traore's red card against Aston Villa was the last unsuccessful one, we've had 3 successfully overturned on appeal in a row since then.

10 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I know what you mean but the opposition had nothing to do with how we played tonight.  We made absolutely no attempt to play any football at all, right from the start.  If we'd spent the first 15 mins trying to knock it around, and they stopped us then fair enough but we didn't, and the fact is that we usually don't, regardless of who we play against.  I thought the first half was scrappy from both teams.  Someone said Luton had dominated but I don't think that was really the case, it was just a very scrappy, error prone first half from both sides.  Second half arguably we started better but it's not like we were playing great, it was just an improvement on the first half.  We had the best moment of the game and we took advantage of it.  After the sending off we had no choice but to tough it out, and to be honest I'd back us to do that more often than not under Warnock, even with this group of players.   Resilience is a great word for it and we have plenty of it under this manager. 

😂😂

2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Yes it was a scrappy game - But it was still very entertaining! 

Oh the drama - Scoring a good goal .. Then a freak of a penalty, cause Butternelli didn't pick up the ball - To be fair, it dives a yard away from him, making it more difficult to get hold of, than it seemed. I used to be a keeper, and that ball wasn't as easy as it looked, because of the dip.

Speaking of balls - Did anyone else hear Drury saying" Bettinelli standing with his right ball on the hip"? 😄 HAHAHA 

If Morsy's ban isn't lifted, theres something wrong .. First of all, should it really have been a red card, even if he did it on purpose? I mean, no double punishment and all that? Second, he was tripped, fell over, and the ball hit his arm .. No way it was on purpose. If it was, it was a slight of hand a magician worty .. 

And now the rare part ... We actually complained that much, that the stubborn ref changed his mind .. Im baffled .. First time ever and all that .. But it was a fair change of mind, cause clearly it was a double touch .. Even Stevie Wonder could spot that! 

Then for last .. What a good fighting spirit we showed after the sending off .. Those 10 players (plus subs) can call them selves MEN! 

Great result after the circumstances! 

The double punishment is all based on intent. So if a player takes down the last man in the box but he played the ball then he won't be sent off but will give away a penalty. If a player brings down the last man with no intention of playing the ball then he can be sent off and give away a penalty.

So in this case, the decision is made on the basis that morsy intentionally handled the ball to stop a goal. So both punishments are applicable 

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

The double punishment is all based on intent. So if a player takes down the last man in the box but he played the ball then he won't be sent off but will give away a penalty. If a player brings down the last man with no intention of playing the ball then he can be sent off and give away a penalty.

So in this case, the decision is made on the basis that morsy intentionally handled the ball to stop a goal. So both punishments are applicable 

Alrighty then!

I still don't see it as intentional though 😉

2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Alrighty then!

I still don't see it as intentional though 😉

Yeah I dont either! But if they can argue that it is in any shape or form then it won't be getting overturned. Worth the appeal though

• Like 1

Watched those highlights again and again, and I cannot see how that could be deemed intentional. If we don't appeal, it's a missed opportunity to have Morsy back on Saturday, and I also fail to see how the appeal itself could be labelled as frivolous.