Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me too. But the missus has a headache again 🙁

During the Karanka spell. The team got each other a secret Santa. Gorgeous George received a hamster (I forget what they called it) but after receiving said rodent we went on a brilliant run of form s

I heard the luck ended when Gary Monk ate the hamster by swallowing it whole and digesting it slowly as it worked its way down his oesophagus. He then blinked sideways and slithered back to his basket

Posted Images

10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Lots of results have went our way tonight.

Stoke drop points, Bristol City lose and Brentford draw with Watford.

At least one of Norwich and Reading have to drop points tomorrow too.

One thing that baffles me, but used a lot, is how can you drop points you never had. 

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Well sort of Weasel isn't it....Anyway in Cleveland its a Pencil stoat

This will properly bring out the animal welfare group but many decades ago as a you boy I would go ferreting for rabbits. We also went out with lurches on farmers land for hare. Trust me both rabbit and hare were dispatched very quickly. 
The ferrets were held in bags with a draw skin which should be held tight at the top. Much to the amusement of rabbit and hare, I learned the hard way that giving a bit of leeway, a ferret sank its teeth into my  finger right down to the bone and locked itself there for some considerable time. 

Those where the days prior to remote controls, Betamax, VHS, mobile phone, colour TV, the days of ready-fusion and a choice of either the BBC or ITV on a dial mounted near the curtains. The days we walked everywhere, trolly buses, front doors left open, street parties, raising founds for incubators, sunny smiles and a Bobby walked  the streets. 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

This will properly bring out the animal welfare group but many decades ago as a you boy I would go ferreting for rabbits. We also went out with lurches on farmers land for hare. Trust me both rabbit and hare were dispatched very quickly. 
The ferrets were held in bags with a draw skin which should be held tight at the top. Much to the amusement of rabbit and hare, I learned the hard way that giving a bit of leeway, a ferret sank its teeth into my  finger right down to the bone and locked itself there for some considerable time. 

Those where the days prior to remote controls, Betamax, VHS, mobile phone, colour TV, the days of ready-fusion and a choice of either the BBC or ITV on a dial mounted near the curtains. The days we walked everywhere, trolly buses, front doors left open, street parties, raising founds for incubators, sunny smiles and a Bobby walked  the streets. 

You forget Jumpers for goalposts 

image.gif.937930326b7baf80b11ac441cc0c7a47.gif

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Eeee...when I were a lad...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

The ferrets were held in bags with a draw skin which should be held tight at the top. Much to the amusement of rabbit and hare, I learned the hard way that giving a bit of leeway, a ferret sank its teeth into my  finger right down to the bone and locked itself there for some considerable time

Proof that karma does exist!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sanddancer said:

One thing that baffles me, but used a lot, is how can you drop points you never had. 

The term is only usually used when a team was leading in a game so was on course to have the points before conceding. It doesn't make sense used in any other context really.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The term is only usually used when a team was leading in a game so was on course to have the points before conceding. It doesn't make sense used in any other context really.

I always view it as, at the start of every season there are 138 points on offer every defeat or draw are points lost/dropped from what was on offer 

• Like 1

I've always viewed the whole points-dropped thing differently. I thought it referred to scenarios where team A expected to win comfortably against team B but ended up with a draw or a defeat - missing out on points they'd expected to have in the bag.

8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Big game tonight win and we are in touching distance of them playoffs. Have to take advantage of lost points by our rival's last night

It’s insane how close it is. Win and we go to 7th. Lose and we definitely go down to 11th and if Cardiff and Blackburn win their home games we go down to 13th.

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

We need to get on a roll now, we've got some really winnable games before the end of the month. 

And more to the point, We have a good team, Who need to believe in themselves, I honestly believe that, they just have to give their all out there on the pitch...Goals will come if you believe they will

• Like 2