oneBoro Forum

Birmingham V Boro 1-4 (Assombalonga, Saville, Wing (2))

Happy for a comfortable win, happy for Warnock (who has won me over), happy for people like Bola Marv Wing Saville who have gone from pelters to praise. We arent at the Karanka stage yet where I went into every game thinking we will grind then down and win, but I cant think of a game where we couldnt not lose. 

The guys having a Boxing Day off could mean that for the first time in a  long time, most if them dont need to go into training on 25th, which I am guessing would be a nice change. I just hope they dont over induldge and feel mentally fresh to go on a winning streak.

I bought Football Manager on the Xbox and Roberts got injured 2 weeks into pre-season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Middlesbrough's motto because the lands surrounding Teesside used to be owned by Clan Bruce, who came over to Britain after the Norman Conquest originally under Robert de Brus. The most famo

I’m on my way 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

If for safety's sake the Rotherham game has to be postponed, that's obviously the right course of action, and it would also give us one more game with a potentially strengthened squad. However, I do slightly wonder when we'd have time to play a rescheduled fixture, given how congested this season already is. Are there any obvious gaps between now and the end of the season which don't clash with international matches or potential cup runs?

I would think another extention of the season will happen due to the amount of games that will be rescheduled due to the pandemic, another June, July season 

19 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

If for safety's sake the Rotherham game has to be postponed, that's obviously the right course of action, and it would also give us one more game with a potentially strengthened squad. However, I do slightly wonder when we'd have time to play a rescheduled fixture, given how congested this season already is. Are there any obvious gaps between now and the end of the season which don't clash with international matches or potential cup runs?

I think Warnock has clearly indicated that there will be no cup runs😑

9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I think Warnock has clearly indicated that there will be no cup runs😑

In the circumstances I think thats an eminently sensible approach. He seems to be barely managing to keep a functioning squad together for our league fixtures.

There will be other seasons where we can dream of silverware...or at least a big club payday against one of the PL top 6.

This season I'm quite happy for him to field a reserve team for cup fixtures.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Much as I love the bloke, I don't think his looks are one of his strong points.

Not like "Ravishing" Harry Redknapp. 😁

But yeah - that was a bit of a WTF? moment for me. We produced a brilliant away win and you're talking about his looks?

If it was down to looks Ferret would have been banned months ago

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

Also mention must be made of Bobby Charlton, brother of Jack, who went on to become one of England greatest footballers. 

Harping back to Duncan Edwards, he was tipped  to become England's GOAT player. A very tragic loss.

Who's Bobby Charlton?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, ChipBarrington said:

Happy for a comfortable win, happy for Warnock (who has won me over), happy for people like Bola Marv Wing Saville who have gone from pelters to praise. We arent at the Karanka stage yet where I went into every game thinking we will grind then down and win, but I cant think of a game where we couldnt not lose. 

The guys having a Boxing Day off could mean that for the first time in a  long time, most if them dont need to go into training on 25th, which I am guessing would be a nice change. I just hope they dont over induldge and feel mentally fresh to go on a winning streak.

I bought Football Manager on the Xbox and Roberts got injured 2 weeks into pre-season.

I don't think they dare, NW will see to it they won't 

8 minutes ago, Erimus74 said:

I don't think they dare, NW will see to it they won't 

I suspect from the stuff we already hear from Warnock that he allows for more one-offs than most managers who've been at the top level would. Either that or he's just not that bothered about the public perception of those kind of things compared to other managers.

I don't think he'd suffer fools gladly as such and if we do have lads who go too far, they won't be in the team if he can put someone else in. But I think if any manager would give them a bit more free reign to enjoy their Christmas, it would be Warnock.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Those wondering when Rotherham game can be rescheduled, there are several midweek gaps in 2’d half of season unlike first half of season when there was none.

Has this game definitely been postponed @TLF10?

8 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Has this game definitely been postponed @TLF10?

Not yet.

I assume they'll test the whole squad in the next few days, if it is just the one player that's actually got it then there's no need to postpone it.

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Those wondering when Rotherham game can be rescheduled, there are several midweek gaps in 2’d half of season unlike first half of season when there was none.

This Pandemic won't be over anytime soon 

@Blanco gazette in article they put up today said all Rotherham players were tested yesterday and results should be known Monday.

If they get a few positive tests it will mean closing training ground down and all or majoriry of squad will need to self isolate which will lead to our game being postponed. It simply depends on how many players return positive tests

Hopefully they dont return any positive tests as I actually want our game to go ahead. We are in a good moment so want us to play while in good form if the situation allows.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Erimus74 said:

I would think another extention of the season will happen due to the amount of games that will be rescheduled due to the pandemic, another June, July season 

European Championship in summer.....

• Like 1