oneBoro Forum

Birmingham V Boro 1-4 (Assombalonga, Saville, Wing (2))

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Middlesbrough's motto because the lands surrounding Teesside used to be owned by Clan Bruce, who came over to Britain after the Norman Conquest originally under Robert de Brus. The most famo

I’m on my way 

Posted Images

There's another series you could start, Erimus..  Boro's "forgotten" men.. there must be some good stuff in the archive that will keep during international breaks and close seasons.. could start with the "Destroyer of Ajax", William Woof, Deadly Hedley and other Ayresome heroes..  you know you want to 🙂

1 minute ago, Erimus 63 said:

You're certainly no football fan. Google it...

Dude I know about the Munich plane crash but it happened in 1958 ffs, of course I don't know the names of all the players that died. It was 32 years before I was born for christ sake.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

You're certainly no football fan. Google it...

I think that's a bit harsh, I don't think you would find many these days who could name the victims of the Munich crash, myself included. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

I think that's a bit harsh, I don't think you would find many these days who could name the victims of the Munich crash, myself included. 

I can name a few I think.  Duncan Edwards, Tommy Taylor, Eddie Colman, Roger Byrne and a journalist called Frank Swift who was an ex England goalkeeper.  There were more fatalities than that though.  I read a lot of football history books and have older relatives who have shared stories with me or I wouldn't have a clue either.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I can name a few I think.  Duncan Edwards, Tommy Taylor, Eddie Colman, Roger Byrne and a journalist called Frank Swift who was an ex England goalkeeper.  There were more fatalities than that though.  I read a lot of football history books and have older relatives who have shared stories with me or I wouldn't have a clue either.

Only one I've heard of there is Frank Swift, not sure I'd have pulled it out of thin air if asked on the spot mind you 

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Also mention must be made of Bobby Charlton, brother of Jack, who went on to become one of England greatest footballers. 

Harping back to Duncan Edwards, he was tipped  to become England's GOAT player. A very tragic loss.