oneBoro Forum

Birmingham V Boro 1-4 (Assombalonga, Saville, Wing (2))

1 hour ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Only one I've heard of there is Frank Swift, not sure I'd have pulled it out of thin air if asked on the spot mind you 

Tommy Taylor was a good striker back in the day.  It was all the Busby Babes stuff I think, mostly through their youth system and won the title with a young squad.  Very sad.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Middlesbrough's motto because the lands surrounding Teesside used to be owned by Clan Bruce, who came over to Britain after the Norman Conquest originally under Robert de Brus. The most famo

I’m on my way 

Posted Images

EFL on Quest baffles me with their running order. No matter what happens on matchdays, they always start with f**king Norwich.  It's like Delia has a voodoo curse over the production team. "Five goals at St Andrews today, Colin." "Great, we'll start at B...B...nnnnh...Nnnnnorwich."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I know Bobby Charlton was there it was there, the entire Man Utd side were involved and some journalists on their way back from playing Red Star Belgrade in the European Cup.  They must have gone Belgrade to Munich sadly.  I was just talking about fatalities in the accident.  Duncan Edwards was the best of the two of them apparently so he must have been some player but maybe he'd have been more of a 50's player than a 60's player like Charlton was.

Yeah, but he died.

In 1966 for the  World Cup Edwards would have been  29 and in his prime and we'd probably have won it at a canter.

From  Wiki the guy is just awesome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Edwards

For Brunners and the uninitiated.

Edited by Erimus 63

Worked with a lad that played with Edwards and Charlton in the Army team during their National Service.. said that Charlton was good for his age, but Edwards much much better and one of those players that "if he was in your team, you won". Reckoned he would have been England captain if he had lived but some things are not meant to be

• Like 2

I hope that Wing’s impact on the game today can be the catalyst to his renaissance. He also initially struggled to win Pulis over but eventually became a key player for him. Whilst he’s clearly not the ideal fit for Warnock’s style of play, his great long shot ability and passing ability in the final third adds a lot of cutting edge to our attacking threat. There aren’t many better players at Championship level for scoring from outside of the box so I’m sure Warnock will try his best to fit him into his team if he can keep showing them flashes of quality. Wing strikes me as another confidence player - like Dijksteel and Bola - who really struggled when Woodgate, for some illogical reason, tried to make him play in holding midfield like Pirlo. Today will have done his confidence the world of good so I’m feeling a lot more optimistic about him succeeding here.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I hope that Wing’s impact on the game today can be the catalyst to his renaissance. He also initially struggled to win Pulis over but eventually became a key player for him. Whilst he’s clearly not the ideal fit for Warnock’s style of play, his great long shot ability and passing ability in the final third adds a lot of cutting edge to our attacking threat. There aren’t many better players at Championship level for scoring from outside of the box so I’m sure Warnock will try his best to fit him into his team if he can keep showing them flashes of quality. Wing strikes me as another confidence player - like Dijksteel and Bola - who really struggled when Woodgate, for some illogical reason, tried to make him play in holding midfield like Pirlo. Today will have done his confidence the world of good so I’m feeling a lot more optimistic about him succeeding here.

I’m not sure it’s anything to do with ability. It’s more to do with desire. If he works as hard as his teammates he will get more games. For me it’s as simple as that. He did do well today and I’m glad to see it. Hopefully it will be the catalyst to him showing himself to be undroppable 

9 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Never realised he played at Ayresome Park 🙂

9 hours ago, Erimus74 said:

Let em, the more we go unnnoticed the better 👍

I love it,Flying in under the radar

• Like 1
8 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

EFL on Quest baffles me with their running order. No matter what happens on matchdays, they always start with f**king Norwich.  It's like Delia has a voodoo curse over the production team. "Five goals at St Andrews today, Colin." "Great, we'll start at B...B...nnnnh...Nnnnnorwich."

She does Feed them does our Delia,"Cmon lets be having yer"

10 hours ago, Uwe said:

Can’t believe they made it out like Warnock isn’t Good looking 😉

Like me Neil was born Inside out, just the way it is,We cant all be Ripped Adonises

Edited by Barnaby

The game yesterday was good for the spirits as where I am is now in Tier 4 so basically full lock down, christmas is crushed, no more shopping etc etc.

The only aspect of real concern is the Rotherham game, when and how soon will we know if this is going ahead and what assurances and responsibilities are upon Rotherham fo fulfill the game. Would the example of Newcastle be relevant?

Just read other Boro stuff and indicating games postponed gives players more rest which sometimes has an adverse effect when not playing and others are, SW might like the idea we have had time off

11 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Well the league leaders always get first go - don't they? Or maybe Delia does the catering for Quest? Who knows? I was surprised we had to wait around half an hour to see Boro though.

Its enough to make you paranoid...

12 hours ago, Uwe said:

Can’t believe they made it out like Warnock isn’t Good looking 😉

Much as I love the bloke, I don't think his looks are one of his strong points.

Not like "Ravishing" Harry Redknapp. 😁

But yeah - that was a bit of a WTF? moment for me. We produced a brilliant away win and you're talking about his looks?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

The game yesterday was good for the spirits as where I am is now in Tier 4 so basically full lock down, christmas is crushed, no more shopping etc etc.

The only aspect of real concern is the Rotherham game, when and how soon will we know if this is going ahead and what assurances and responsibilities are upon Rotherham fo fulfill the game. Would the example of Newcastle be relevant?

Just read other Boro stuff and indicating games postponed gives players more rest which sometimes has an adverse effect when not playing and others are, SW might like the idea we have had time off

Sorry to hear your in Teir 4 DS, keep up the faith as we will all get through this!

On the Rotherham game I hope it gets the go ahead but the extra rest before Sheff Wed could be a good thing considering the amount of games that have been crammed in a short space of time so far and potentially one game less until Jan when we can strengthen the squad

• Like 1

If for safety's sake the Rotherham game has to be postponed, that's obviously the right course of action, and it would also give us one more game with a potentially strengthened squad. However, I do slightly wonder when we'd have time to play a rescheduled fixture, given how congested this season already is. Are there any obvious gaps between now and the end of the season which don't clash with international matches or potential cup runs?

• Like 1