oneBoro Forum

Boro V Rotherham United (Postponed due to Covid 19 issues)

4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

So er...

Whats everyone doing today now boro aren't playing ?sponge bob day GIF

Speaking for myself, its mostly going to be a combination of...

Guitar Player Rock GIF by Naeleck

comedy central GIF by Workaholics

premier league smile GIF by Arsenal

Will Arteta be the next managerial casualty today?

Thanksgiving Turkey GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Like 2
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent the last hour and a half putting a fricken hamster cage together (as my little girl was sad that her pet hamster wouldn’t get anything for Christmas)  Just gonna go for a walk then it’s gon

The Boro v The Millers 26th December 2020 Kick Off: 15:00 Location: FORTRESS ERIMUS (aka The Riverside) "Neil Warnock to the rescue!" Will it or won't it? That is the question. Bor

I'm not sure actually. Something like this perhaps?   Get 3 in a row and you win a handful of Quality Street (other brands of sweet tubs are available).  

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

So er...

Whats everyone doing today now boro aren't playing ?sponge bob day GIF

Bought a Sky Sports day pass and I'll be vegetating and watching neutral football all day.

Starting with Rangers v Hibs.

Still gutted we're not playing today, I hope results go our way.

Spent the last hour and a half putting a fricken hamster cage together (as my little girl was sad that her pet hamster wouldn’t get anything for Christmas) 

Just gonna go for a walk then it’s gonna be cider and football the rest of the day 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, boro-unger said:

What's Grealish bingo?

I'm not sure actually. Something like this perhaps?

1862088888_GrealishBingo.PNG.d2e6d942f860528e1641092eb810bd9b.PNG

Get 3 in a row and you win a handful of Quality Street (other brands of sweet tubs are available).

• Like 3
On 12/23/2020 at 11:58 AM, Neverbefore said:

It sounds to me that you think the only way you can contract this virus is if you've done something irresponsible and that it's your fault.

Complete and utter ignorant nonsense and I expected better from you

Happy to disappoint you.

The virus only spreads via certain vectors...through the air and contact with contaminated surfaces (e.g. hand to face).

Hence why we were given specific advice about keeping our distance, wearing masks and washing / sanitising our hands if handling objects that may have been used by other people.

You (and a few others) seem to think everyone's been behaving themselves and have just been unlucky...or that evil pixies have been sneaking into our homes at night and infecting people while they sleep...or something.

Sure there are always a few who get unlucky, or have the odd lapse (been guilty of that once myself) but unless you've been living on another planet the last few months, it can't have escaped your notice that far too many people have been failing (in many cases deliberately) to comply with social distancing rules.

We didn't end up in this situation through sheer bad luck.

So excuse me if I have a more realistic appraisal of the situation.

On 12/24/2020 at 10:49 AM, RiseAgainst said:

If one person in 85 in London has Covid, I don't think you have to be irresponsible to catch it. It's everywhere. The pumps at our local petrol station underpinned an outbreak, even when people wore gloves and did pay at pump rather than going into the shop.

Hope the players come back refreshed after their turkey (or Quorn roast), and fingers crossed we don't lose all the positive momentum we've built in recent matches. At least fatigue shouldn't be a factor now!

Well Ipswich is a fair distance from London...and Rotherham's even further.

Also, you'll notice only 1 fixture involving London clubs had to be postponed - Millwall v Watford. Which as far as I'm concerned shows it is possible to create safe locations, even in the worst affected areas...provided everyone follows the guidance and gets tested in line with current requirements.

@AnglianRed I think those figures have changed to now being 1 in 85 people nationwide. Have a read of this (link below) and how the virus spreads and put that into context with our tier 1 and tier 2 rules.

Obviously there are cases of people blatantly ignoring the rules which will not help matters at all. But think of the rules we have around things like schools, bars/pubs and restaurants they don't go far enough to limit the spread of the virus. We are also different to mainland Europe in terms of the amount of buildings that are fitted with aircon, which is an easy way to keep buildings ventilated with "fresh" air so to speak.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-coronavirus-is-spread-through-the-air.html