oneBoro Forum

Play-off Rivals...

10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Wolves too barely had a wobble, they had one period Feb-March where they got 5 points out of 15. Other than that, they were smashing it.

They also beat us with 9 men if I remember correctly, their main man Neves went off and we still didn’t look like scoring! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just imagining Woody giving the exact same presentation he gave here but because he couldn't work out how to delete the Boro Badge and replace it with a Bournemouth badge it's just this on every p

If Mogga wishes to walk away from management I would be all over him being our chief scout. He can then happily live back home and go spot some talent for us. He has always had a good knack of fi

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

They also beat us with 9 men if I remember correctly, their main man Neves went off and we still didn’t look like scoring! 

Yeah, that was the first of two games where their manager ran on to the pitch without acknowledging the opposition manager first.

They were down to 9 men for 20+ minutes and we didn't manage to score till the 94th minute. Shambles.

They then beat Cardiff 1-0 after Cardiff missed 2 injury time penalties, Warnock did not take Nuno Espirito Santo ignoring him well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yeah, that was the first of two games where their manager ran on the pitch without acknowledging the opposition first.

They were down to 9 men for 20+ minutes and we didn't manage to score till the 94th minute. Shambles.

They then beat Cardiff 1-0 after Cardiff missed 2 injury time penalties, Warnock did not take Nuno Espirito Santo ignoring him well.

Well remembered! I have a soft spot for Wolves because of Traore but I really didn’t like them in the Championship. 

3 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Well remembered! I have a soft spot for Wolves because of Traore but I really didn’t like them in the Championship. 

Obviously signing players is only one half of the job but I always felt the fact they were signing Champions League level players in the Championship felt wrong, especially as these moves seemed to primarily be because of who Jorge Mendes knew and looked after as opposed to the pull of Wolves at the time. Boly, Neves, Jota, Cavaleiro to name a few.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Watford getting played off the park by Coventry, I expect Watford will get a penalty in the second half and win anyway.

Lucky to come away with a point in the end, against anyone with more quality I think they'd have lost that game. Coventry gave a great account of themselves.

Posted this in the ‘Other boro stuff’ forum so thought it would also be appropriate to post it in this thread. 

I’ve been looking at the table and the squads in the top 6 and there’s one question that I’d like to know peoples opinions on, if we were to break into the Top 6, which team would we replace? 

Bournemouth (6th) - 5 points off

Although they’ve been on a bad run, their quality and depth for a championship side is ridiculous. Solanke, Long, Brooks, Begovic, Danjuma, Wilshire etc. Their next managerial appointment will be very interesting to see how they will fare, but I think with the amount of experience in their side it will be tough to see them really fall off. They’ve still got Norwich, Swansea, Brentford and Watford to come.

Watford (5th) - 8 points off

Watford haven’t really impressed me this season, but with their manager getting sacked at Christmas you wouldn’t think they’d be 8 points above 7th by this stage. They’ve been pretty similar to us in the fact that being inconsistent has stopped them from being in the Top 2, but they’ve had some really impressive results. They placed Brentford and Norwich in the space of two weeks and picked up 4 points. They’ve also got a talented squad with a fair amount of experience for this level, with the likes of Deeney, Gray, Sarr, Hughes, Chalobah. Joao Pedro, Foster etc. They’ve still got Bournemouth, Reading, Norwich and interestingly enough Brentford and Swansea for the final games of their season.

Reading (4th) - 8 points off with a game in hand. 

Reading have always been the team that I was hopeful would drop off, but they’ve been superb this season compared to recent years, similar to the Jaap Stam team of 16/17 that lost in the play off final. They’re on a seven game unbeaten run in the championship, and have been flirting with the top 2 all season. Yet their squad doesn’t look to have half as much quality as the likes of Bournemouth or Watford. Their key man obviously is Lucas Joao who’s suddenly decided he can play football after signing from Sheffield Wednesday. They’ve also got threats from out wide with the quality of Ejaria and Olise. Yet their squad doesn’t look too dissimilar to the team we beat at the Madejski at the back end of last season. They’re playing Brentford on Wednesday night, and still have Watford, Swansea and Norwich to come. 

Swansea (3rd) - 13 points off with a game in hand.

Brentford (2nd) - 14 points off a game in hand.

Norwich (1st) - 15 points off.

I’ve left these sides out for obvious reasons! 

20th Feb - Reading vs Boro 

6th March - Swansea vs Boro

2nd April - Bournemouth vs Boro 

5th April - Boro vs Watford

So what does everyone think?

I hope Reading lose their game in hand against Brentford, then maybe drop points in their next games against Millwall and Bristol City before we play them. Then we got to beat Derby, Huddersfield. The game against Reading will be do or die in a couple of weeks time 

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

I hope Reading lose their game in hand against Brentford, then maybe drop points in their next games against Millwall and Bristol City before we play them. Then we got to beat Derby, Huddersfield. The game against Reading will be do or die in a couple of weeks time 

Derby, Roberts, oh my lord let’s hope what I’m thinking does not happen... 

Or alternatively the game is goalless till he comes on and we end up winning 3-0..  the one advantage we have is that we are familiar with him and his routines, so it should mean that we know how to combat them. If Fry is fit, we should be OK as they need the points and that should allow us to get them on the break. Then again, we are the Boro.  

30 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

So nice watching Blackburn lose! 

Yeah it was but did not realise that win puts Preston on 39pts and 1pt behind us.

Its all very congested below us now. We are currently 7th and 5pts off 6th spot. However, only 5pts separate us from Millwall who are 14th.

There is always a team who usually comes from no where to make 6th spot.

I still hold hope that both Watford and Bournemouth flop and fall outside the top 6.