oneBoro Forum

Play-off Rivals...

I think we'll need to win something like 8 pr 9 of the remaining 12 games to get into the playoffs. I don't think there is any chance we are getting into the playoffs.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just imagining Woody giving the exact same presentation he gave here but because he couldn't work out how to delete the Boro Badge and replace it with a Bournemouth badge it's just this on every p

If Mogga wishes to walk away from management I would be all over him being our chief scout. He can then happily live back home and go spot some talent for us. He has always had a good knack of fi

Posted Images

The last 5 games has given us two points per game. If we can keep that up or close to, then we have a realistic shot at the play offs. 

No team around us, except Barnsley, has a fixture list as soft as us.

Reading, Cardiff and Bournemouth will not gain two points per game in their run in. 

2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

The last 5 games has given us two points per game. If we can keep that up or close to, then we have a realistic shot at the play offs. 

No team around us, except Barnsley, has a fixture list as soft as us.

Reading, Cardiff and Bournemouth will not gain two points per game in their run in. 

That's a nice sample. In our last 10 games we have 11 points. Will 1.1 point per game get us into the playoffs 🙂 Fact is a lot of games will have to fall in our favour and I really struggle to see it. I hope you are right though. 

17 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That's a nice sample. In our last 10 games we have 11 points. Will 1.1 point per game get us into the playoffs 🙂 Fact is a lot of games will have to fall in our favour and I really struggle to see it. I hope you are right though. 

And I hope you are wrong 😛 

The thing is that the last 5 games we have played include games v Cardiff and Reading ..  And the last 5 are ofc the most recent games .. So I hope we are on course again after a bad wobble .. 

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Still dropping points though 👍

Aye, I know, and I'll be glad of it if we win tomorrow.

At the same time, it also means that Bournemouth can create a bigger gap on teams if we don't.

Come on Boro and come on Preston!

Ive a funny feeling Brum might get something from Barnsley as well,I thought Aitor was a banker for the sack a few weeks back but they have improved,better away from home all season.Not surprising considering the state of St Andrews. Nice to see Coventry are going back to their base again next season.

Sadly Boro are not just relying on Barnsley losing more games than them, Bournemouth and Cardiff have to as well. Full marks to die-hard fans for optimism  but it looks like 8th at best.

And for all Warnock's complaints, it is 46 games that will give us our final position. I can still remember his rant about Tevez and Mascerano's suspicious appearance for West Ham which sent Sheff Utd down. Seemingly nothing to do with Sheff Utd were there because they had been crap all season. 

12 minutes ago, Johnny A said:

Sadly Boro are not just relying on Barnsley losing more games than them, Bournemouth and Cardiff have to as well. Full marks to die-hard fans for optimism  but it looks like 8th at best.

And for all Warnock's complaints, it is 46 games that will give us our final position. I can still remember his rant about Tevez and Mascerano's suspicious appearance for West Ham which sent Sheff Utd down. Seemingly nothing to do with Sheff Utd were there because they had been crap all season. 

You say that, but we'd be 6 points better off if the referee had been competent in yesterday's game and in the Blackburn one.

Ignoring butterflies, that would have us in joint 7th and a point off the play-offs.

We'd also be 2 points behind Swansea without the dodgy decisions in their last 2 games.

We've been done over in more than just those two matches too.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

You say that, but we'd be 6 points better off if the referee had been competent in yesterday's game and in the Blackburn one.

Ignoring butterflies, that would have us in joint 7th and a point off the play-offs.

We'd also be 2 points behind Swansea without the dodgy decisions in their last 2 games.

We've been done over in more than just those two matches too.

A lot of assumptions being made to get those 6 points. If our goal had stood yesterday Swansea might have picked up the pace again and beat us anyway. They sat back and let us have the ball when they went ahead. 

Blackburn the incident happened at 0-0. You'd have liked our chances to beat them against 10 men and with a penalty but nothing is guaranteed. 

Point is, the ref was garbage in both games but one incident doesn't decide any game and you can't say with any degree of certainty that we would be 6 points better off. 

• Like 1

I’m as annoyed as anyone about the refereeing yesterday but if you really want to see why we aren’t breaking into the playoff positions the answer lies below. In the Home form table 

898ACA6E-1FB3-48CB-87FC-811D10E00ACD.png

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

A lot of assumptions being made to get those 6 points. If our goal had stood yesterday Swansea might have picked up the pace again and beat us anyway. They sat back and let us have the ball when they went ahead. 

Blackburn the incident happened at 0-0. You'd have liked our chances to beat them against 10 men and with a penalty but nothing is guaranteed. 

Point is, the ref was garbage in both games but one incident doesn't decide any game and you can't say with any degree of certainty that we would be 6 points better off. 

I don't think so.

We were better than Swansea before they scored, we were better than them after they scored.

I would bet my savings on us beating Blackburn if they'd been down to 10 men and we'd be 1-0 up.

That one incident did decide the Blackburn game, and there was more than one incident in the Swansea game.

I did say ignoring butterflies, as obviously we have no idea how things would pan out in the intervening matches between the refereeing shockers.

It's a 46 game season, but often the margins are so tight that one or two games can decide it.

Even under Pulis, we missed out on the play-offs by 1 point, we had a man wrongly sent off against Preston whilst winning, and went on to lose that game. The ref gets that decision right and Pulis may not have ended the season as a failure.

• Like 1