oneBoro Forum

Play-off Rivals...

22 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Except while most of them aren't the sharpest tools in the box, they are smart enough to not want to touch that particular hornet's nest with a barge pole.

Most are happy running their pubs, expanding their property portfolios, or following whatever post-career paths they've chosen.

I do feel the ones that decide to become pundits ought to become refs...lets see if they're so keen to air their opinions when they're actually on the pitch, surrounded by angry players...

I remember Andy Gray on Sky laughing at the suggestion that he consider management instead of his Sky job. He was as happy as Larry with his lot. So to ask a pundit to consider refereeing would have them rolling on the floor laughing like those metal things in the Cadbury's Smash adverts! (Or like a Swansea City player).

• Like 1
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just imagining Woody giving the exact same presentation he gave here but because he couldn't work out how to delete the Boro Badge and replace it with a Bournemouth badge it's just this on every p

If Mogga wishes to walk away from management I would be all over him being our chief scout. He can then happily live back home and go spot some talent for us. He has always had a good knack of fi

Posted Images

The Ewood park pitch is awful. Ball is just bobbling. 

There will be many grounds up and down country that need the pitch relaying this summer i would imagine.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20210314-112654_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ccc5a63f15c4ce1d9a8e37b82ebe9e4e.jpg

There's the table since Barnsley appointed Ismaël in October.

Fantastic.

They've be above Swansea if they weren't bribing officials (and we'd probably be 6th).

The important thing is, Reading and Bournemouth are on their way down .. if that continues and we can find superform ... 2 points per game or more . Then we have a chance

deffo got my eye on reaing falling. hopefully cardiff and barnsley peaked to early and crash and muff will lose the new manager buzz and play like a real woody team to. easy play off. we just need a few wins lol

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

The important thing is, Reading and Bournemouth are on their way down .. if that continues and we can find superform ... 2 points per game or more . Then we have a chance

Does my memory serve me correctly that in 66/67 we were in the bottom 3 after about 9 or 10 games and with a late surge ended up 2nd?

17 minutes ago, Johnny A said:

Does my memory serve me correctly that in 66/67 we were in the bottom 3 after about 9 or 10 games and with a late surge ended up 2nd?

Quite possibly - we only won 2 out of the first 10 losing 6

So 5 points out of 20

Last 6 we won 5 and drew 1 to finish 2nd

Also we played two games against Darlo over Christmas (26th and 27th) winning 3-0 and 4-0!

3 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Haven’t Reading won 3 out of the last 4 and drawn the other?

Thy just lost. they are a streaky team. they win a few on a good run then go on bad runs for a bit to. i'm not checked the results over the season just an observation or perception i have of them. 

14 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Thy just lost. they are a streaky team. they win a few on a good run then go on bad runs for a bit to. i'm not checked the results over the season just an observation or perception i have of them. 

They drew yesterday. Won their previous 3. It was blackburn, Rotherham and sheff wed but considering how we lost against all 3 of this teams we can't really say it was an easy run for them.