• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just imagining Woody giving the exact same presentation he gave here but because he couldn't work out how to delete the Boro Badge and replace it with a Bournemouth badge it's just this on every p

If Mogga wishes to walk away from management I would be all over him being our chief scout. He can then happily live back home and go spot some talent for us. He has always had a good knack of fi

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Bournemouth 2-0 now

The sack beckons for Tony Mowbray.

Hard to believe they looked like being in contention for the play-offs at one point. Something has gone drastically wrong there.

Maybe its time Mogga called it a day and went into punditry. Seems anyone who used to be a player or manager at any level can do that these days.

While we're at it, maybe this thread should be re-named, since we're obviously no longer in that race.

If Mogga wishes to walk away from management I would be all over him being our chief scout.

He can then happily live back home and go spot some talent for us. He has always had a good knack of finding little gems wherever he has gone. 

• Like 4

Cardiff been stuttering of late. Albeit they got Mick McCarthy for 2yrs yet as they fave him a new deal after that very strong start he made. 

And we got Warnock for 1yr.

Big Nige not doing anything grear at Bristol it seems.

Forest look good for promotion push for next season as seems Houghton work there is now starting to bear fruit.

Sheffield Wednesday 5-0, wtf, Reach on the double.

They're still 6 points from safety but that's a massive result and a big boost to their goal difference.

Hoping they go down still.

17 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Whey, Reading 1-0 at the very verge of half time.

Obviously I'd sooner every single side above us lost today, but I've made my feelings clear on the play-off contenders.

I kow what you mean, but regarding finances it would probably be better if all three relegated sides went up, as that would reduce the number of teams with parachute money. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I kow what you mean, but regarding finances it would probably be better if all three relegated sides went up, as that would reduce the number of teams with parachute money. 

Bournemouth are in a lot of debt as is, that gets even worse if they stay down, I don't think they'll blow anyone out of the water with transfers.

They'll lose a lot of their better players too.

I also don't think lightning will strike twice for Barnsley, it's now or never.

• Like 2

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but financially speaking, if we don't get promoted, then the best outcome for us is that the 3 relegated teams from last season are promoted back to the EPL. 

IIRC, the outstanding parachute payments from clubs promoted back to the EPL are distributed to the championship teams. Which could be as much as 100m if all 3 go up. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but financially speaking, if we don't get promoted, then the best outcome for us is that the 3 relegated teams from last season are promoted back to the EPL. 

IIRC, the outstanding parachute payments from clubs promoted back to the EPL are distributed to the championship teams. Which could be as much as 100m if all 3 go up. 

I didn't know that, is it definitely just the championship and not the whole EFL? 

Norwich and Watford are almost certs. Hard to route for Bournemouth though. 

2 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

Wow. If that's the case then I'm all for Bournemouth following Norwich and Watford up. That'll be almost 5 million to each of the 21 other clubs in the championship which will go a very long way for a lot of clubs after this year.

14 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Wow. If that's the case then I'm all for Bournemouth following Norwich and Watford up. That'll be almost 5 million to each of the 21 other clubs in the championship which will go a very long way for a lot of clubs after this year.

It's not the case, as far as I can see.

If a club gets promoted, they just stop getting the parachute payments, they don't get redistributed.

But clubs that aren't eligible for parachute payments do consistently get Solidarity Payments every season to the amount of nearly £5m, but that's unrelated to whether relegated clubs get repromoted.