oneBoro Forum

Play-off Rivals...

Yeah I don't think that's the case either.  The payments are simply stopped, they don't get given out to the other Championship clubs.  We receive solidarity payments, which are a percentage of whatever the final (3rd) year of parachute payments are.  I think 3rd year payments are 20% of the Premier League payments and we get 30% of that value, which as TeaCider says has been about £5m give or take.  This is because 20% of the payments are about £15m and 30% of that is about £5m.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just imagining Woody giving the exact same presentation he gave here but because he couldn't work out how to delete the Boro Badge and replace it with a Bournemouth badge it's just this on every p

If Mogga wishes to walk away from management I would be all over him being our chief scout. He can then happily live back home and go spot some talent for us. He has always had a good knack of fi

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

There are some teams at the bottom in terrible form, Sheffield Wednesday might sadly still have a chance to escape despite the deduction.

I think a few of them down there have been picking up a few wins recently, not just Sheff Wed.  It's whether they can keep it going though.  I think their remaining fixtures aren't too bad mind but they are where they are for a reason.

There are plenty of six pointers between now and the end of the season with different teams but Blackburn have Rotherham, Sheff Wed, Derby, Birmingham and Huddersfield to play, as five of their six remaining games.

Regarding Rotherham, they have a mix of difficult games and those against fellow strugglers but they have 4 home games in a row against QPR, Coventry, Birmingham and us.  They are having to play Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday though.  

Birmingham have just got a very big point against Brentford.

The battle at the bottom is going to be the thing to watch for the last 6 games.

We have a key part to play with our games against Sheff Wed, Rotherham and Wycombe.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Birmingham have just got a very big point against Brentford.

The battle at the bottom is going to be the thing to watch for the last 6 games.

We have a key part to play with our games against Sheff Wed, Rotherham and Wycombe.

Not so big point for Brentford mind, at least not in a positive way.  Nine points back with a game in hand with seven left to play.  Should be too much now I think

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not so big point for Brentford mind, at least not in a positive way.  Nine points back with a game in hand with seven left to play.  Should be too much now I think

I think it's going to be a typical Brentford season, though their decline started earlier this time.

Genuinely don't know who I'd put money on in the play-offs.

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah I don't think that's the case either.  The payments are simply stopped, they don't get given out to the other Championship clubs.  We receive solidarity payments, which are a percentage of whatever the final (3rd) year of parachute payments are.  I think 3rd year payments are 20% of the Premier League payments and we get 30% of that value, which as TeaCider says has been about £5m give or take.  This is because 20% of the payments are about £15m and 30% of that is about £5m.

it was definitley the case a few years ago, but it may have changed with the last restructure. shame if it has 😞 

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think it's going to be a typical Brentford season, though their decline started earlier this time.

Genuinely don't know who I'd put money on in the play-offs.

Brentford could still miss out themselves although they'd have to finish pretty badly for that to happen.  If Bournemouth make it then I reckon they could be difficult to stop.