oneBoro Forum

Play-off Rivals...

I think we need a dedicated thread concerning our promotion rivals

A few interesting ties Boxing Day. Watford v Norwich, a draw or defeat for Watford would do. Unless Norwich do a Leed's type collapse one promotion spot is already gone. Cardiff v Brentford, another draw will do. QPR v Swansea, I'll be a Rangers fan  for this one. Can't see Reading slipping up v Luton. Stoke away to Coventry, a midlands derby and for me a banker draw. And I can't see Bristol city slipping up v Wycombe. Banker home win...

Edited by Erimus 63
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just imagining Woody giving the exact same presentation he gave here but because he couldn't work out how to delete the Boro Badge and replace it with a Bournemouth badge it's just this on every p

If Mogga wishes to walk away from management I would be all over him being our chief scout. He can then happily live back home and go spot some talent for us. He has always had a good knack of fi

Posted Images

Glad you called this thread "play-off rivals", cos there's little to no chance of us going up automatically! However, with a couple of wide players and a spare CB signed in January, the play-offs should be achievable in a fairly weak Championship season. I wouldn't fancy being an opposition manager coming up against Neil Warnock in a play-off match, and I'm certain he wouldn't intentionally chuck it like Pulis did.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

What the difference a year makes to be talking about promotion rivals and not relagation rivals 

Yeah its nice that my football team isn't causing me existential dread this year. I've got enough of that going on as it is!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Glad you called this thread "play-off rivals", cos there's little to no chance of us going up automatically! However, with a couple of wide players and a spare CB signed in January, the play-offs should be achievable in a fairly weak Championship season. I wouldn't fancy being an opposition manager coming up against Neil Warnock in a play-off match, and I'm certain he wouldn't intentionally chuck it like Pulis did.

I wouldn't bet against us going up automatically, chances are we won't but, if things go right in the transfer market & the players gel straight away it could be an interesting 2nd half of the season, though as everthing has to click mind to achieve our goal 

• Like 1

Its turning out to be a decent season after all. My local team is going into the winter break in third just three points off top and boro look to be serious playoff contenders. Could be a memorable spring. 

I think Norwich will win it but I do think 2nd is up for grabs.

Can we be in it? I think we will know come 1st Feb and what we do in transfer market. I think for 2nd spot you are looking at the same teams who will be scrapping for play offs. Any from

Bournemouth

Swansea

Brentford

Stoke

Watford (but I have no idea how they new manager will fare)

Cardiff

Us

Reading/Bristol.

From the above teams we do not play any of them in our last 6 games. We do play Watford and Bournemouth in the 7t and 8th game though

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Cardiff just scored a screamer from their own half against Brentford.

We're down to 8th as it stands, but we were always going to drop today.

There were a bunch of great goals in that game, highlights well worth a watch.

Just watching today's highlights on EFL. Norwich's defending would have embarrased a Sunday League team. They're undeniably good offensively, but they were pretty much trying to gift Watford goals the latter still couldn't put in the net from six yards out. If Boro defended like that, people would rightly be having kittens on here. That certainly wasn't an automatic promotion-standard performance from the Norwich defence.

Where there's life, there's hope...