• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just imagining Woody giving the exact same presentation he gave here but because he couldn't work out how to delete the Boro Badge and replace it with a Bournemouth badge it's just this on every p

If Mogga wishes to walk away from management I would be all over him being our chief scout. He can then happily live back home and go spot some talent for us. He has always had a good knack of fi

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Let's catch Bournemouth tomorrow need a mirical but we just gotta do what Birmingham and Blackburn did to us

You mean bore the crap out of them for the best part then kick them in the face 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Let's catch Bournemouth tomorrow need a mirical but we just gotta do what Birmingham and Blackburn did to us

Bournemouth are on a worserer run than us so we may just catch them...First we MUST beat Norwich 

2 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Bournemouth are on a worserer run than us so we may just catch them...First we MUST beat Norwich 

Well we must continue to be betterer than them😁

Reading however we need to accept are in this for the long haul no longer a flukey team

• Like 1

After yesterday I'm much more positive that we can reach the playoffs. But for me the question is which of the current top six teams will lose their spot? At the moment Bournemouth have a very bad form but I can't see us finishing above any of the other teams (Watford maybe?). On the other hand the two teams behind us both have a game in hand. SO even if Bounremouth drop out of the top six there are other teams than us that could fill this spot. What do you guys thin were we end up?

I don't think we'll make it, sadly. We have signed a few players that aren't matchfit so it's gonna be a while before they will be up to speed, so I reckon we will continue to have inconsistent form that will see us drift away. I just can't see us become consistent enough to close the gap and keep a place in the top-6. I pray that Neil will get us there though. I think the teams currently in the top-6 will also be the ones who finish there.

With Woodgate at Bournemouth let's hope he can influence things there as well as he did here. Then Watford are a bit of a basket case club that have the ability to either rip the Championship a new one or implode going through another two Managers between now and the end of the season. Reading are doing well but could be suspect when the pressure is on and likely to have a dip in form much as we have just experienced. 

I'm definitely hoping, rather than expecting, but you only need to look at Nottingham Forest last season to see that a team can drop out of the top 6 against the odds.

There's usually a team in the play-offs at this point that doesn't stay in it.

After 27 games:

2019/20 - Forest were 5th and finished 7th.

2018/19 - Middlesbrough were 5th and finished 7th.

2017/18 - Bristol City were 5th and finished 11th.

2016/17 - Leeds were 5th and finished 7th.

2015/16 - The top 6 stayed the same, though a shuffled order.

2014/15 - Derby were 2nd and finished 8th.

2013/14 - Forest were 5th, finished 11th.

2012/13 - Middlesbrough were 5th and finished 16th!

2011/12 - Middlesbrough were 5th and finished 7th, Leicester were 3rd and finished 9th.

2010/11 - Reading were 5th and finished 9th.

I'd go back further, but I think my point stands.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 3
43 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm definitely hoping, rather than expecting, but you only need to look at Nottingham Forest last season to see that a team can drop out of the top 6 against the odds.

There's usually a team in the play-offs at this point that doesn't stay in it.

After 27 games:

2019/20 - Forest were 5th and finished 7th.

2018/19 - Middlesbrough were 5th and finished 7th.

2017/18 - Bristol City were 5th and finished 11th.

2016/17 - Leeds were 5th and finished 7th.

2015/16 - The top 6 stayed the same, though a shuffled order.

2014/15 - Derby were 2nd and finished 8th.

2013/14 - Forest were 5th, finished 11th.

2012/13 - Middlesbrough were 5th and finished 16th!

I'd go back further, but I think my point stands.

God that year was glorious. What an implosion that was.