oneBoro Forum

Sheffield Wednesday V Boro 2-1 (Watmore)

On 12/26/2020 at 5:52 PM, marvin said:

1. Did you have a nice Christmas?

2. Who was worse for Boro, Pulis or Monk? 

3. Who would you like to see in the starting 11?

4. Which is the most majestic: The Lion or the Owl on the badge? 

5. How many will we win by?

1. Was nice, was just me and my partner for the big day. But did get a chance to meet up with my Mum and Sister for a walk on boxing day. 

2. Both were pretty poor, on one hand you had Monk who spent nearly all our parachute payment in that first season and still couldn't pick his first 11. Then on the other you had the ultimate soul sapping football being played under Pulis. Who still spent a fair wedge, and to be fair got results. Tough choice but I'd say Pulis.

Bettinelli

Dijksteel, Fry, McNair, Bola

Morsy, Tav, Saville

Watmore, Britt, Johnson

4. The Lion.

5. A single goal I think.

• Like 1
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Owls v The Boro 29th December 2020 Kick Off: 19:00 Location: Hillsborough "The game which sees us face one extremely unpopular former manger, when we thought we might've been facing

@wilsoncgp  I think he’s talking to you  

One of the things Pulis said in public in complaint was that they had 6 centre-halves and not a single left-back. I'm surprised it was a complaint, too.

Posted Images

In a way I wish we had played on Boxing Day as momentum is very important so instead we now have to try and get away on the road points from consecutive matches.

TP will be desperate to get all 3 points from us and with that we could see a very open game (I did say could) but he knows are away form has not been that good.

They are in a bad place at the moment and certainly no better than Birmingham so I hope we take the attack to them right from the off and ensure we get the first goal. This game certainly could fall in to my seldom used phrase but I can't quite bring myself to use it this time.

Would I settle for a point and not losing at this stage? not as yet because we can beat them but depending how things pan out then a point could be a good result at the end of the day.

A very different Boro than the one Puis left us with that is for sure!

• Like 1

Anyone else watched Warnock's press conference yet? He seemed a lot less chipper than normal. Not cracking jokes and bantering as much as normal.

I hope there isn't bad transfer news - outgoings especially - that would put him on a downer.

He reckons the physical side is going to be key in this game. I'm guessing Akpom up front. Obviously Saville and Morsy in the middle. I wonder if Browne might come in as he isn't afraid to get stuck in.

Bettinneli 

Dijksteel 

Fry 

McNair 

Bola 

Saville 

Morsy 

Tavernier 

Wing 

Browne

Akpom

33 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Anyone else watched Warnock's press conference yet? He seemed a lot less chipper than normal. Not cracking jokes and bantering as much as normal.

I hope there isn't bad transfer news - outgoings especially - that would put him on a downer.

He just looks cold to me. I wouldn't read too much into it. 

53 minutes ago, edinboro said:

He reckons the physical side is going to be key in this game. I'm guessing Akpom up front. Obviously Saville and Morsy in the middle. I wonder if Browne might come in as he isn't afraid to get stuck in.

Bettinneli 

Dijksteel 

Fry 

McNair 

Bola 

Saville 

Morsy 

Tavernier 

Wing 

Browne

Akpom

I wouldn't be shocked to see Britt in this one if he's thinking about physicality. Britt seems to be better at that side of the game than Chuba. I think he had a good game at Hillsborough in the summer if I recall correctly. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I'd love Britt to score then run over to Pulis and be like *** you. 

I do think alot of player's are going to want to get back at Pulis like especially Tav and Britt. As I often wonder what went through Britt's head to be sat on the bench while Hugill was on the pitch falling over 

14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The EFL have classed this as a Bank Holiday match, so season ticket holders have got to pay to watch it.

Dodgy ***.

It's not on the red button either.

Pah, how have they worked that one out?!

I ain't paying for it. I'll let the dulcet tones of Maddo and the other one guide me through the game. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I do think alot of player's are going to want to get back at Pulis like especially Tav and Britt. As I often wonder what went through Britt's head to be sat on the bench while Hugill was on the pitch falling over 

Probably thought I can fall over much more easily and often than that ..  and I've got a nicer smile 🙂 ..  Britt does go down very easily for someone of his build, so not really a lot between them on that score 

You do realise if Boro do actually win tomorrow, it’s actually all down to TP’s great work he did whilst here #foundations 😃

• Haha 4
20 minutes ago, Uwe said:

You do realise if Boro do actually win tomorrow, it’s actually all down to TP’s great work he did whilst here #foundations 😃

Leaving us in that stronger state than he found enabling us to flourish. 

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

The EFL have classed this as a Bank Holiday match, so season ticket holders have got to pay to watch it.

Dodgy ***.

It's not on the red button either.

Last year i'm sure the games were on red button at Christmas like