oneBoro Forum

Sheffield Wednesday V Boro 2-1 (Watmore)

Typical BORO.. That is all that can be said about a team winning three in a row, then have a break, play a lesser team and then BLOW away hard earned points. I don’t think you could make it up, I don’t. Surprised, nope, not at all, expected, absolutely. 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Owls v The Boro 29th December 2020 Kick Off: 19:00 Location: Hillsborough "The game which sees us face one extremely unpopular former manger, when we thought we might've been facing

@wilsoncgp  I think he’s talking to you  

One of the things Pulis said in public in complaint was that they had 6 centre-halves and not a single left-back. I'm surprised it was a complaint, too.

Posted Images

Accidently missed the match. Saw the last 3 minutes when I realised the match was on  very early Wednesday morning not Thursday morning here in Australia.

Disappointed, but they are one of our bogey teams and have relegated us too. So it was horses for courses in the end. 

Anyway, onwards and upwards. UTB.

Poor individual performances in the first half cost us that game and it came from the two unlikeliest sources...

We were certainly the better team but once our goal went in you knew they would shut up shop. I’ve not rated Wing at all lately but I don’t think he did bad in the first 60 mins but when Tav came on we transformed Wing shouldn’t start ahead of him again. He isn’t scoring or assisting enough but he is vital to our team.

It’s typical Boro but we regroup batter Wycombe and hope we pick up 3 points against a team we really shouldn’t just like Sheff Wed have done here.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Here we go again..all the negative comments

Would you expect praise for failing? A medal for participating? 
I believe some comments are justified while some have made assessments about the game while not being negative. 
Justified and entitled in my opinion. 

All for comments when we don't do well and disappointed fans have a right to comment.  Its the cry baby comments that appear after every defeat thinking we have a special right to win every game. People forget have far we have come in a short period of time.

• Like 2

A disappointing way to end my MDT run. Felt like Bettinelli could’ve done better with their goals but so could McNair, especially for the second. But, it just didn’t happen for us tonight. Bring on the next game and the next 3 points. UTB

• Like 1

Disappointing first half just slow to react to situations and sloppy cost us the game.....maybe the effect of us not having a game on boxing day so not been sharp. Has to be said much better second half, better finishing and we could have got a draw or better. In context I think we bounce back from this and make us more intense in next few games which may not be a bad thing. Johnson and Watmore were the outstanding players today. 

I dont know about you guys think but I think Britt and Wing have got to go in January, Wing has lost his way I think so needs another club (maybe the price of him been built up and knocked down) and Britt is a decent striker at this level but is lazy and is too expensive for what he does we can certainly get someone more fitting to us for his money. 

• Like 2

Poor tactics from the off, we started slowly and then went into reverse passing it back to Bettinelli constantly. This was a Wednesday Team, and Club in disarray and I've seen more fight, passion, belief and aggression from Mrs Rioja in the Boxing Day sales. McNair and Fry had a shocking first half and an indifferent second half. Assombalonga was a waste of a shirt.

Warnock needs to learn to stop being soft with his charges, winners don't ease off they keep going and then they go some more. A Boxer doesn't get into the ring thinking what a lovely weekend he's had, he gets in to do a demolition job, to destroy his opponent. The way we started the first 45 minutes we got exactly what we deserved. 

I expect to see ruthless efficiency from any sportsman and tonight I didn't see anything other than misplaced arrogance from the off and we got what we deserved from the game. What the heck was McNair taking free kicks aimed at a big man coming into the box for in the dying minutes? The shortest player n the pitch can do that! Again what on earth was McNair doing with Bettinelli in the final few minutes in the RB position deliberating over who was going to hoof the ball upfield?

Why where we constantly passing back to Bettinelli or waiting for Red Shirts to come within three feet to pass to them. Absolutely no urgency until it became ill disciplined nervy hoofing and panic passing at the end chasing a game they should have controlled from the off. This is the first time that Warnock's management has really peeved me since he arrived. Diabolical that he managed a side so lacking in energy from the kick off and then fail to remedy it until it was too late. Worse still that that lack of fight obviously stemmed from whatever wasn't going on at Rockliffe.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

There is hardly anything positive to say about today. 

I feared a hammering at one point, and we didn't get one.  That's positive. 

Watmore scored and is now our top scorer despite being our newest player.

We managed not to get any red cards, which had looked very doubtful at half time.  

4 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

All for comments when we don't do well and disappointed fans have a right to comment.  Its the cry baby comments that appear after every defeat thinking we have a special right to win every game. People forget have far we have come in a short period of time.

Seriously and I’m not being critical, but out of interest, what is a cry baby comment, can you provide a example that distinguishes one from a disappointed fans comment? 

I did wonder about Warnock in his press conference. I wonder if something's happened or some falling out. Clutching at straws but that was a weird performance.

And the ref does matter. Hi gives free kicks or doesn't and sets the tone and players feed of that. And he does hate us, it's obvious.

• Like 1

All you that bet on a Boro win. This is your fault 😉

If we get dragged into a down and dirty game like we did in the first half we will lose out every time. 
we must stick to our football and play through the thirds (not lump it past the midfield hoping for Britt to hold on to it) 

The Ref didn’t help but he was *** for both teams,  until Sheffield Wed wanted to kill the game and then he’s perfect for them. 

Negatives 

Massively naïve in the terms of getting sucked into their game. 
Manager employed the wrong tactics and personnel the first half 

JUST FRICKEN SHOOT 

Positives 

Tav looked class when he came on

I have whisky 🥃😃

There really isn't a need to be negative after that. Yes we should have won and on paper its a dreadful result, but their 2 goals were very uncharacteristic from our defence and we could have had another 3 or 4 going forward with sharper finishing.

People need to remember where we were this time last season with the same squad. We have a real chance of making the play offs this season compared to a relegation scrap last year, with the squad we have there will always be off days but there is hardly a need for doom and gloom.

Referee was dreadful too. 

• Like 1