oneBoro Forum

Sheffield Wednesday V Boro 2-1 (Watmore)

11 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Seriously and I’m not being critical, but out of interest, what is a cry baby comment, can you provide a example that distinguishes one from a disappointed fans comment? 

I’d class a ‘cry baby’ comment as one that is written out of emotion maybe at haste. 

and if you disagree Then you’re a poo poo head 

• Haha 5
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Owls v The Boro 29th December 2020 Kick Off: 19:00 Location: Hillsborough "The game which sees us face one extremely unpopular former manger, when we thought we might've been facing

@wilsoncgp  I think he’s talking to you  

One of the things Pulis said in public in complaint was that they had 6 centre-halves and not a single left-back. I'm surprised it was a complaint, too.

Posted Images

Looked like a team that expected just to turn up against a side in turmoil and get a easy ride.

From the 1st minute we were sluggish and looked like a team that looked tired and leggy.

Why not put Britt and Akpom on together with 25mins to play?

Final ball was poor throughout especially from Johnson for a change.

Not saying they were to blame but Fry back at LCB and I personally think it made us weak defensively. 

Bringing Browne on over Roberts just confirmed to me that Roberts is leaving at 1st opportunity when someone arrives though the door on loan

Very disappointing night all around.

• Like 3

Obviously this was a very poor result for us, but results elsewhere largely went our way tonight and 3rd to 6th all play each other tomorrow, so we're not playing catch up too much if we win that game in hand and get back to winning ways against Wycombe.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 2

These setbacks are gonna happen, it is the Championship after all. Too many many fans getting very excited with a couple of wins and then switching to overly despondent with a defeat. It's a marathon that's for sure, with a couple of signings we should have enough in the tank to squeeze into the play-offs. If not the foundations are laid for next season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

Shocking he didn't play Roberts like the one player who has the ability to make a goal out of nothing sat on the bench

My biggest query is if NW doesn't rate Roberts, or has some personal issue with him, why even put him on the bench?

Sad thing is, even if he was forced to play Roberts, the lad's had so little game time, it'd be surprising if he had much impact.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

These setbacks are gonna happen, it is the Championship after all. Too many many fans getting very excited with a couple of wins and then switching to overly despondent with a defeat. It's a marathon that's for sure, with a couple of signings we should have enough in the tank to squeeze into the play-offs. If not the foundations are laid for next season.

I don't think Wednesday have scored two goals at home in the Championship since December 2019. Setbacks are the ones against Norwich and Tav's penalty, losing by a solitary goal against Stoke or only drawing against a high flying and at the time unbeaten Reading.

Wednesday are a club in crisis, the Championship's joint lowest scorers and we didn't turn up until we were two goals down in forty minutes. We were very poor from the off tonight, only Warnock knows why his side struggled to get going. There were too many sub par performances all over the pitch tonight in Red.

• Like 2

It was an odd game, we weren't at our best but we still could have got something out of it with better finishing. Defensively for the goals we were a bit rubbish, especially the first, despite the great touch from Paterson, McNair was totally wrong side of the ball. To be honest, I was quite surprised to see McNair predominantly on the right side of the back 2, it's usually the other way around.

The most frustrating thing is they weren't very good and we still lost. Ah well, can't win them all, here's hoping we get back to winning ways sharpish to keep up the pressure on the top end of the table. Couple of signings and getting Fletch back in January at some point will hopefully be a big boost.

Bad night all round.

Have toagree that Roberts must be on his way because if any game needed him on this was it.

Warnock does not like back passes very much but boy tere were plenty of them last night.

As soon as we scored so early in the second half I thought we would sustain the pressure and get the second quickly to go for the 3 points.

Boy I was so wrong, very Christmas/New Year slump display and troubling that our away form is poor

53 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Its simple. Tav needs to start.

His movement and impetus is sorely lacked when he isn't in the team.

His finishing can be wayward at times but we need his drive and energy in the build up to create opportunities. 

3 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Bad night all round.

Have toagree that Roberts must be on his way because if any game needed him on this was it.

Warnock does not like back passes very much but boy tere were plenty of them last night.

As soon as we scored so early in the second half I thought we would sustain the pressure and get the second quickly to go for the 3 points.

Boy I was so wrong, very Christmas/New Year slump display and troubling that our away form is poor

After winning 3 on the bounce I wouldn't describe it as a slump, more like a hiccup.

• Like 1