oneBoro Forum
marvin

Sheffield Wednesday V Boro 2-1 (Watmore)

With Pulis being sacked I wonder if that will make the Wednesday Players even more vulnerable with the turmoil of the management upheaval or more relieved that he has gone and therefore more likely to get a result tonight?

I would have liked him to have remained in charge for one more game.

With this sensational news about Pulis being gone has thrown a completely new light on the game especially with the turmoil involved, no better time to play Wednesday.

So for the second away game on the run I think that this indeed could be considered as THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON................so far!

We all know the onus is on us, for goodness sake we are now becoming favourites to win games in the eyes of others and well probably most of the forum members.

Victors and not Victims this time!

And you can give me the PS (Penguin Slap) should you wish🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

With Pulis being sacked I wonder if that will make the Wednesday Players even more vulnerable with the turmoil of the management upheaval or more relieved that he has gone and therefore more likely to get a result tonight?

I would have liked him to have remained in charge for one more game.

They will prob be relieved he's gone...And play with gay abandon

I would have taken a draw tonight but with Pulis gone i hope we take advantage.

However, a reminder that 2 seasons ago under Pulis, boxing day I think it was, Sheff Wed turned us over 1 nil at Riverside when they caretaker manager took control. Lee Bulmer i think it was so am not getting overly excited. 

I really can’t see us getting less than 3 points here now. They’re in absolute turmoil on and off the pitch and this might just be to tipping point that sends them into a complete nosedive. 
Incidentally, the first team coach Neil Thompson who has stepped up to replace Pulis for this game, was managed by Warnock at Scarborough from 86-88. 

"There are also other issues which have had a bearing on this decision" said Sheffeld Wednesday. Yeah. They realised Pulis is a six-foot turd in a baseball cap and decided not to give him any more time to employ his unique brand of anti-football.

• Haha 1

Really interesting news about Pulis being sacked. Do we think this will make it an easier or more difficult game? Judging by the ex-Boro managers there they will probably appoint Woodgate for the game tonight! 

• Like 1

Looking forward to this game tonight. Hopefully 3 points incoming now that Pulis won’t be there 

1 minute ago, Barnaby said:

Anyone know if this match is on the Red Button?

It’s not on the red button @Barnaby

1 minute ago, Barnaby said:

Anyone know if this match is on the Red Button?

I had a look and it’s not one of those chosen for the red button unfortunately 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

I mean, to continue the theme of their management appointments, they need to get on the phone to Woodgate as soon as possible. 

Interim manager is Neil Thompson. That brings back a lot of memories for me as he was a favorite at Scarborough - and played for Warnock when Boro got promotion to football league. Played 270 odd games for S’boro and then another 200 plus for Ipswich, including when they were in Premier League. Really solid full back, much like George Friend.

he’s been at Wednesday since 2011, so has survived a lot of managerial changes. Either very lucky or good at his job which has been mainly coaching the junior teams.