oneBoro Forum

Sheffield Wednesday V Boro 2-1 (Watmore)

Pulis's only claim to fame is never having been relegated. So his cv can proudly still contain that clause!

Back on the Managers Merry-go-round again, no doubt with a sizeable payoff?

And soon to be joined by another regular rider, Steve Bruce?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Owls v The Boro 29th December 2020 Kick Off: 19:00 Location: Hillsborough "The game which sees us face one extremely unpopular former manger, when we thought we might've been facing

@wilsoncgp  I think he’s talking to you  

One of the things Pulis said in public in complaint was that they had 6 centre-halves and not a single left-back. I'm surprised it was a complaint, too.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

With Pulis being sacked I wonder if that will make the Wednesday Players even more vulnerable with the turmoil of the management upheaval or more relieved that he has gone and therefore more likely to get a result tonight?

I would have liked him to have remained in charge for one more game.

I think they will be relieved he's gone and therefore more up for the game, unfortunately...

Suspect it has also put a spanner in the works with our preparation as we will have been practising tactics for a Pulis match.

9 minutes ago, White Band said:

I think they will be relieved he's gone and therefore more up for the game, unfortunately...

Suspect it has also put a spanner in the works with our preparation as we will have been practising tactics for a Pulis match.

I know he wasn't in charge long but I wonder if the lad coming in will change their preparation and tactics much for the game vs. what Pulis has done.

Still, some of these lads are not getting paid are they? Getting rid of a manager who's only been there 5 minutes might not be the boost they really wanted. If he'd been there for a season with fans in the stadium throwing dinosaurs and all that, they might be somewhat relieved. As it is, I reckon this game is there for the taking, we just need to focus on what we want to do. It'll be a bit of an unknown until we see the team-sheet and what has changed between their last few games and tonight, then we'll probably ease our way into the game for the first 10-15. Or we go out and be ruthless and sod whatever preparation they've done and try and kick them whilst they're down.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

"There are also other issues which have had a bearing on this decision" said Sheffeld Wednesday. Yeah. They realised Pulis is a six-foot turd in a baseball cap and decided not to give him any more time to employ his unique brand of anti-football.

However much I hate Pulis, knowing Wednesday & Chansiri, what has almost certainly happened here is Pulis has said something to Chansiri about the squad that he didn't want to hear.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

However much I hate Pulis, knowing Wednesday & Chansiri, what has almost certainly happened here is Pulis has said something to Chansiri about the squad that he didn't want to hear.

Yeah, I've heard rumours that they had a meeting and that they must have had a fall out in the meeting

Just now, Brunners said:

Guarantee a few home truths came out. Now we all know Pulis will blame anyone but himself, but with facts like players not getting paid Chansiri won’t like being told to get a grip. Added to that  if Tony wanted his usual kick backs for players he brings in things we’re always going to explode. 
Anyway I’ve always like Wednesday I hope they turn their season around starting Saturday 👍

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

One of the things Pulis said in public in complaint was that they had 6 centre-halves and not a single left-back.

I'm surprised it was a complaint, too.

I thought TP loved a centre back. I’m sure in a dream Pulis team the squad numbers only go up to No5 🤷‍♂️ 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I know he wasn't in charge long but I wonder if the lad coming in will change their preparation and tactics much for the game vs. what Pulis has done.

Still, some of these lads are not getting paid are they? Getting rid of a manager who's only been there 5 minutes might not be the boost they really wanted. If he'd been there for a season with fans in the stadium throwing dinosaurs and all that, they might be somewhat relieved. As it is, I reckon this game is there for the taking, we just need to focus on what we want to do. It'll be a bit of an unknown until we see the team-sheet and what has changed between their last few games and tonight, then we'll probably ease our way into the game for the first 10-15. Or we go out and be ruthless and sod whatever preparation they've done and try and kick them whilst they're down.

I like the cut of your jib there Wilson.

Be ruthless get into them hard and fast and get a 7 goal lead by half time, that will deflate the Owls!

18 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I like the cut of your jib there Wilson.

Be ruthless get into them hard and fast and get a 7 goal lead by half time, that will deflate the Owls!

All sat in the dressing room thinking "Could be worse, Tony could still be here!"