oneBoro Forum

Wycombe Wanderers v Middlesbrough 1-3 (Browne,Tavernier, Akpom)

When?

Tomorrow

Where?

Their ground. Adams Park or something

What time, guv'nor?

3pm, or if you're militarily inclined, 15:00 hours.

Team lineup?

Score prediction?

Anyone been to their ground?

How crap is their badge, seriously?

I'd usually make more of an effort but come on, it's Wycombe Wanderers. 

shocked baby GIF

(Bonus footage found of a young Marcus Bettinelli whenever a football was kicked in his general direction.)

• Haha 3
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now you’re starting to like this aren’t you? 😉

To be fair I think it has much more emphasis on it when you see Akpom through on goal and he takes a knee rather than shooting #respect 

Haha on BBC Tees, Mark Drury spoiled the goal for himself by saying "this website I'm looking at says Boro have just scored..." Proper Chris Kamara moment

Posted Images

hahaha the picture did make me LOL.

i am worried about this game. I know they struggling but they seem to lose games by close margins. Plus they ground especially this time of year is one that we wont be used to. They obviously will.

Betti

dijk fry paddy bola

morsy sav

watmore tav johnson

britt

i will go for a 2-2. Really want the win though.

It's going to be tougher than people expect this as looking at their fixtures they have only conceded more than 2 goals too Blackburn season start. In most other games they only lost by the 1 goal. So it's very important we keep a clean sheet really if we want anything out this game and be patient. 1-0 win hopefully

• Like 1

The Wednesday game was a sobering reminder that we can still switch off and be crap. Hopefully it will also serve as a wake-up call to the team.

If we start the way we played the last 20 minutes or so of the last game, we should roll Wycombe over...but as we all know it depends which Boro turns up in the first half.

Still cautiously optimistic this should be a 3-pointer for us, but will not be surprised by any result.

Team lineup?

Not sure NW can field a much stronger lineup than he did at Sheff Wed - though I'd start Tav over Wing and Stojanovic over Bettinelli.

Just need to have more of an attacking mentality. We are actually better defensively on the front foot. Its when we sit back and invite pressure that we struggle. Our midfield needs to get a grip early on.

Score prediction?

I think as DurhamRed said, this will be tougher than we think and I'll be happy to come away with a 0-1 scoreline.

Anyone been to their ground?

Nope, but I've seen some photos and Adams Park, though small, looks tidy.

How crap is their badge, seriously?

Another one that looks like a pub sign, with the swan and crown. Much like Boro's connection with "Erimus", its due to the town's coat of arms:

http://www.mayorofwycombe.com/?page_id=476

• Like 3

This is probably going to be the most grim match entertainment wise all season. Two absolute scrapper teams fighting for second balls as their MO. We still have far more quality, they're essentially a league 1 side, so should scrape by.

Amazing how a lose knocks confidence. If our players can’t win this one they should beg remorse and beg forgiveness, on a knee, no both knees and NW should walk home. 
Wycombe are bottom of the league I expect, no demand a win and with dominance. 

14 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Amazing how a lose knocks confidence. If our players can’t win this one they should beg remorse and beg forgiveness, on a knee, no both knees and NW should walk home. 
Wycombe are bottom of the league I expect, no demand a win and with dominance. 

You have met the Boro before, haven’t you? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

It's going to be tougher than people expect this as looking at their fixtures they have only conceded more than 2 goals too Blackburn season start. In most other games they only lost by the 1 goal. So it's very important we keep a clean sheet really if we want anything out this game and be patient. 1-0 win hopefully

They have conceded 32 goals, scoring 15. They are the bottom club for good reason and if I was still playing football I would relish the opportunity to improve my goal tally. If we can’t go to this game expecting and getting the win then all the players including NW should go. Statements like this only go to show the lack of belief in the club. 

I don’t know much about Wycombe Wanderers other than Martin O’Neil managed there as an up and coming manager in the 90’s before he worked wonders with Leicester and made a real name for himself. He was the manger that beat us in the cup final replay at Hillsborough in 97.
Also in the 90’s, Wycombe had a player called Steve Guppy (he was lightning fast on an old computer game I had) who followed  O’Niell to Leicester, then to Celtic and even played for England once.

After Wycombe beating Cardiff on Tuesday and our defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, I’d say this one is tougher to call than I’d hoped it would be. 
However, they’re still bottom of the league and I can’t imagine Warnock will accept anything less than a bounce back with a win. 
Bettinelli won’t be dropped but Tav might start which will probably give us a bigger attacking threat.  
I think we’ll win very convincingly. 

This will not be an easy game, it should be winnable but it is certainly not a walkover..  most of their defeats have been by a single goal and they keep going right to the end. They have a good spirit to the team and will do their best to make it difficult, so it very likely won't be flowing football. We should be good enough to get three points, but we will definitely have to work for them.

Another easy prediction is this.

Let us get down to some possible facts. We need to lose this to justify Gibbo not bringing in any real quality this month. I mean, there's no point if we are just sat in midtable obscurity, right?

Wycombe get a 2 nil win here. We get a realisation that promotion was never on the cards and everyone gets to look forward to a wonderful 2021 that replicates a lot of 2020.

... you're welcome.

5 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Another easy prediction is this.

Let us get down to some possible facts. We need to lose this to justify Gibbo not bringing in any real quality this month. I mean, there's no point if we are just sat in midtable obscurity, right?

Wycombe get a 2 nil win here. We get a realisation that promotion was never on the cards and everyone gets to look forward to a wonderful 2021 that replicates a lot of 2020.

... you're welcome.

Now you’re starting to like this aren’t you? 😉

image.gif.a044211e1f76521a7305b098502b7ba1.gif

• Haha 7