oneBoro Forum

Wycombe Wanderers v Middlesbrough 1-3 (Browne,Tavernier, Akpom)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now you’re starting to like this aren’t you? 😉

To be fair I think it has much more emphasis on it when you see Akpom through on goal and he takes a knee rather than shooting #respect 

Haha on BBC Tees, Mark Drury spoiled the goal for himself by saying "this website I'm looking at says Boro have just scored..." Proper Chris Kamara moment

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Biggest game of the year.

Well, it's the only game of the year so far, so you're not wrong!

I really hope the players got a rocket from Warnock after that Sheff Wed game, and we come out of the traps flying. However, if we're as leggy and lethargic as we were the other night, Wycombe could easily do us. Anything less than three points is unacceptable, but it was the other night and we still left empty handed. It felt like something was amiss within the squad against Wednesday, so let's see if the same is true today.

The live stream for away matches will no longer be commentated on by BBC Tees due to a change in BBC policy for travel during the pandemic.

So those of us watching the match get to listen to Wycombe commentary from BBC Three Counties instead.

Those listening on the radio get to listen to the BBC Tees team commenting on the stream they're watching back home.

Edited by TeaCider24

So close and yet so far for me in terms of mileage to their ground,

Saw us play there in  a FA Cup game was not the best of fares but Gazza played!

Them beating Cardiff has changed the outlook for me and can only see us scraping a draw.

They will want the win more than us.

I wonder how long I would last if I shouted behind the staduim(if one can call Adams Park such a thing?)

43 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Away matches will no longer be commentated on by BBC Tees due to BBC policy for travel during the pandemic.

So we get to listen to Wycombe commentary from BBC Three Counties instead.

They've changed their travel policy ten months in? That's disappointing. It's rarely fun listening to broadcasters from the opposition's region commentate, because they're naturally inclined to focus on 'their' team rather than being objective, let alone knowledgeable about the Boro. 

47 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Away matches will no longer be commentated on by BBC Tees due to BBC policy for travel during the pandemic.

One of the Boro Facebook groups has got a bit confused and is reporting that BBC Three is doing it. I thought it was going to be an experimental comedy commentary or something 😄

8 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

One of the Boro Facebook groups has got a bit confused and is reporting that BBC Three is doing it. I thought it was going to be an experimental comedy commentary or something 😄

Often is with Maddos attempts at pronouncing names.

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Well, it's the only game of the year so far, so you're not wrong!

I really hope the players got a rocket from Warnock after that Sheff Wed game, and we come out of the traps flying. However, if we're as leggy and lethargic as we were the other night, Wycombe could easily do us. Anything less than three points is unacceptable, but it was the other night and we still left empty handed. It felt like something was amiss within the squad against Wednesday, so let's see if the same is true today.

I see no reason why we are leggy and lethargic given we have had the same amount of international breaks, played a game less and none of our players have played more games then any other player in the league. Just don’t buy into it. 

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

That's me not listening today then,I can't stand listening to opposition commentary. Funny how it's suddenly an issue for the BBC though.

I hope that there is no complacency about it 'only' being Wycombe and that we put in a good performance.  Too often, we seem to switch off for the supposedly 'easy' games.  (And, yes, I know that there are no easy games in the Championship - but some are perceived to be more likely to generate 3 points for us).  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

If it can be watched online why can't BBC Tees do the commentary from that? 

39 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I see no reason why we are leggy and lethargic given we have had the same amount of international breaks, played a game less and none of our players have played more games then any other player in the league. Just don’t buy into it. 

Or at the very least, all other teams are having to cope with the same problems we are, so Boro can't be using it as an excuse.

Its one thing being out-played by superior opposition, but we shouldn't be getting out-worked by (supposedly) inferior teams who simply want it more.

• Like 1