oneBoro Forum

Wycombe Wanderers v Middlesbrough 1-3 (Browne,Tavernier, Akpom)

5 minutes ago, Birdie said:

If it can be watched online why can't BBC Tees do the commentary from that? 

They'd probably struggle to sync up their commentary with a video being streamed from 240 miles away.

Their stream will be going at a different rate to other peoples too.

You only have to look on here on a match day, people are celebrating goals before they've even kicked the ball on my screen.

Then you take in to account how little of the match you actually see on the streams compared to in the stadium. They often talk about things that we can't see at home.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now you’re starting to like this aren’t you? 😉

To be fair I think it has much more emphasis on it when you see Akpom through on goal and he takes a knee rather than shooting #respect 

Haha on BBC Tees, Mark Drury spoiled the goal for himself by saying "this website I'm looking at says Boro have just scored..." Proper Chris Kamara moment

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Away matches will no longer be commentated on by BBC Tees due to BBC policy for travel during the pandemic.

So we get to listen to Wycombe commentary from BBC Three Counties instead.

That's not true Mark and Craig will do the commentary from the BBC Tees studios

3 minutes ago, northern boro said:

That's not true Mark and Craig will do the commentary from the BBC Tees studios

That's for the people listening on the radio.

The live stream will have BBC Three Counties, as the club themselves have said.

But I'll correct my post to recognise that.

Boro should definitely use the Tees commentary. I hate listening to other BBC commentators. Ours are by far the best I've heard. Rest of them seem like they've drawn the short straw on a Saturday afternoon rather than having the best job going.

3 minutes ago, Ash said:

I'm confused, will the radio commentary still be on BBC Tees or do I need to find this other station?

The radio commentary will still be happening on BBC Tees, but they won't be at the match, they'll be commentating on the stream they're watching in their studio.

The stream itself will have Wycombe commentary from BBC Three Counties.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The radio commentary will still be happening on BBC Tees, but they won't be at the match, they'll be commentating on the stream they're watching in their studio.

I agree we need more local lads giving it on the radio but not this Mark fella he does me head in . Some days when the game is slow he starts on about players dress sense in boots and shirts then he will go off on one about the custard tart factory's or something just as stupid like that.

I would rather him start talking about picking winkles.. 😄

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Thanks! Think I might just bite the bullet and buy a match pass!

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:
15 hours ago, TheJew said:

Wycombe get a 2 nil win here.

bitch slap GIF

To be fair to @TheJew, the type of gameplan we play (turning the game into a scrap), this is the exact type of team I can see us struggling against. The relative quality of both teams tends to go out the window a bit in games where it's a scrap.

If we can play a bit less like the Birmingham game (first 20/30) and more like we did after that period of time, we'll do fine. Similarly if we can play a bit more like we did in the 2nd half against Sheffield Wednesday (just need to be a bit more clinical) we'll be fine too.

I'd like to see this team today (injury permitting).

Stojanovic *

Dijksteel, Fry, McNair, Bola

Morsy, Tav **, Saville

Watmore, Britt, Johnson

* Personally I think it's time to give Stojanovic a run of games. Bettinelli hasn't really stopped making silly mistakes or being caught in poor positions in games. 

** Tav for Wing makes sense to me, I wanted Tav to start the game against Wednesday, despite Wing scoring 2 the game before. Tav's forward momentum and his ability to create chances and space is irreplaceable at the moment.

• Like 1
On 1/1/2021 at 10:00 AM, Denzel Zanzibar said:

When?

Tomorrow

Where?

Their ground. Adams Park or something

What time, guv'nor?

3pm, or if you're militarily inclined, 15:00 hours.

Team lineup?

Score prediction?

Anyone been to their ground?

How crap is their badge, seriously?

I'd usually make more of an effort but come on, it's Wycombe Wanderers. 

shocked baby GIF

(Bonus footage found of a young Marcus Bettinelli whenever a football was kicked in his general direction.)

TBH our badge is poor too

4 games v Wycombe in our history, 2 home wins, one FAC & LC  after 2 draws at their place