oneBoro Forum

Wycombe Wanderers v Middlesbrough 1-3 (Browne,Tavernier, Akpom)

1 minute ago, White Band said:

Does the commentator keep pronouncing Bola's name wrong, or have our commentators always done so?

Just said the same thing. There’sa good chance Maddo is wrong tho 😉

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now you’re starting to like this aren’t you? 😉

To be fair I think it has much more emphasis on it when you see Akpom through on goal and he takes a knee rather than shooting #respect 

Haha on BBC Tees, Mark Drury spoiled the goal for himself by saying "this website I'm looking at says Boro have just scored..." Proper Chris Kamara moment

Posted Images

1 minute ago, White Band said:

Does the commentator keep pronouncing Bola's name wrong, or have our commentators always done so?

The red button announcers keep doing the same, pronounce it like Boll-ah instead of Boh-la.

Worthy of the lead at half time, but started so badly.

We could have had more goals, I've not been a fan of Akpom in this game so far but that's largely down to how he's been in their box.

Middlesbrough game script:

Hoof ball for minimum 15 minutes, or until opponents score.

Start playing ball on floor and actually looking to score.

Play some actually nice football

Score some goals.

• Like 3

I think people are being unfair to Akpom because of that one slip.

His hold up play has been so much better than Britt’s and has allowed us to stay in their half for so much.

Still I would like a goal from him though.

• Like 2

HT 1-2

happy enough with the game if you discount the first 15 mins. Would like to see more play come through the middle rather than from the flanks think we can pass through their defence rather than over it

Pleased to be 2-1 up after going behind. Two good goals too. But some of the quality of our play has been seriously poor. 

It’s difficult when the ball is 30ft above their heads for most of the game but Saville and Morsy have been non-existent, not showing for the ball when they’ve needed to. And apart from a couple of decent crosses, Johnson’s passing has been, well... Johnson-like. 

A few more moments of even the slightest quality from us should result in more goals as Wycombe are woeful at the back. There’s been so much space in their box but we haven’t taken advantage anywhere near as much as we should have.