oneBoro Forum

Wycombe Wanderers v Middlesbrough 1-3 (Browne,Tavernier, Akpom)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now you’re starting to like this aren’t you? 😉

To be fair I think it has much more emphasis on it when you see Akpom through on goal and he takes a knee rather than shooting #respect 

Haha on BBC Tees, Mark Drury spoiled the goal for himself by saying "this website I'm looking at says Boro have just scored..." Proper Chris Kamara moment

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

Not at all. I'm delighted with the win, and in the end we comfortably deserved it, but Wycombe were the width of a post from equalising on two separate occasions, and I don't think a spell of having to hang on against the bottom team in the league (especially after losing to the second-bottom team a few days ago) can be ignored. Our squad's far too thin, and we seem to keep starting matches incredibly lethargically, despite having a longer festive break than most other clubs.

Festive break made us lose our momentum. There'll always be near misses from the opposition, that's no reason to slag a good result off.

Unfortunate to lose last game. But its important to see the team rebound and be resilient. I didn't watch the game but it sounds like we had a rough start only to rebound and play well. 

Good job boys. Nice to see Browne get one as well

Mixed feelings about this one.

Obviously a good result and pleasing to see us create and score from set pieces.

But again a slow and scrappy start which allowed the hosts to take the lead. Boro also lost their way a bit for a good chunk of the 2nd half, allowing Wycombe back into the game.

Fortunately we defended better and our midfield worked harder to win the ball back and keep possession to stop sustained pressure on our defence.

Still plenty to improve on, but we showed resilience to come back from a shaky start, withstood a fair bit of pressure, on top of scoring 3 goals.

This was against the bottom team in the division and Boro will need to up their game against better teams. But I'm just happy this went completely the opposite way to the Sheff Wed game.

• Like 1

Great result. Especially after Cardiff slipped up against them.

Plus another 3 goals! 2 from corners as well - Warnock might have to think his "Fact" that we won't score from corners....

• Like 1

Had a bad feeling about this game but delighted with the 3 points.

Next league game v Birmingham a fortnight today but whether Karanka will still be in charge remains to be seen.

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Mixed feelings about this one.

Obviously a good result and pleasing to see us create and score from set pieces.

But again a slow and scrappy start which allowed the hosts to take the lead. Boro also lost their way a bit for a good chunk of the 2nd half, allowing Wycombe back into the game.

Fortunately we defended better and our midfield worked harder to win the ball back and keep possession to stop sustained pressure on our defence.

Still plenty to improve on, but we showed resilience to come back from a shaky start, withstood a fair bit of pressure, on top of scoring 3 goals.

This was against the bottom team in the division and Boro will need to up their game against better teams. But I'm just happy this went completely the opposite way to the Sheff Wed game.

Dont be fooled too much by Wycombe league position. They position does not make them the league whipping boys. I think prior to today they have only lost a game by a 2 goal margin once all season. 

They give every team a game but its that bit of quality both side of the pitch which is seemingly they undoing.

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Dont be fooled too much by Wycombe league position. They position does not make them the league whipping boys. I think prior to today they have only lost a game by a 2 goal margin once all season. 

They give every team a game but its that bit of quality both side of the pitch which is seemingly they undoing.

Well they are bottom of the league for a reason. Maybe it is just that bit of extra quality they're lacking, but they have a terrible goal difference of -19 (scored 16, conceded 35). While they're only a point behind Rotherham, they have played 3 games more.

So they could well end up being the whipping boys of the division by the end of the season.

Got mixed feelings after that game, we seemed to dominate periods of that game but let them dominate periods as well when we backed right off. Going forward overall we did really well and took our goals nicely (we went through strange 5 mins of periods of no movement upfront and everyone standing in a line), at the back defended well overall but seemed to have switch off periods which was weird to watch. 

This game was very similar to Brum game where we did well overall but started slowly and had the occasional lapse in concentration. Anyway happy with the three points but we cant do that against top sides in the division theyll just simply get the goal then not let you back into it. 

• Like 1