oneBoro Forum

Wycombe Wanderers v Middlesbrough 1-3 (Browne,Tavernier, Akpom)

We weren't at our best today, but we weathered the storm and managed to get the 3rd goal to kill the game off.

Game of chances for both teams and we took our opportunity well. Negatives again today is we started worrying sluggish and didn't cope with the aerial threat which was my worry at the beginning of the season but it's the 1st time I'd say we have been exposed aerially defensively. 

It's vital to win games when you are not at your best. I think Brentford game is more or less a write off, so it will give the players a much needed rest and hopefully we can have another winger on board by the time we play Birmingham.

We are not far away from being a really good side that pushes for

• Like 1
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now you’re starting to like this aren’t you? 😉

To be fair I think it has much more emphasis on it when you see Akpom through on goal and he takes a knee rather than shooting #respect 

Haha on BBC Tees, Mark Drury spoiled the goal for himself by saying "this website I'm looking at says Boro have just scored..." Proper Chris Kamara moment

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

We weren't at our best today, but we weathered the storm and managed to get the 3rd goal to kill the game off.

Game of chances for both teams and we took our opportunity well. Negatives again today is we started worrying sluggish and didn't cope with the aerial threat which was my worry at the beginning of the season but it's the 1st time I'd say we have been exposed aerially defensively. 

It's vital to win games when you are not at your best. I think Brentford game is more or less a write off, so it will give the players a much needed rest and hopefully we can have another winger on board by the time we play Birmingham.

My thoughts exactly. Cracking point about winning games when not at your best because all teams have them. It’s about getting a result which is what today was very much about. 

34 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Good away performance that. And some decent individual performances. Nice break now to get some transfers sorted.

Just wondering if you watched the same game or perhaps, a BORO best bits video.. 

• Wow 1
3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Just wondering if you watched the same game or perhaps, a BORO best bits video.. 

Well I've seen us lose loads of games against teams like this. We looked good going forward but a bit weak in the air at the back. 

Any away game with 3 goals and a win is a good performance. 

Brum at home - I wonder if Aitor will survive that long.

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

To be fair it's probably the first time we've come up against forwards so good in the air like that! Their number 9 was an absolute unit and incredible in the air and everything seemed to stick to him like glue when he brought it down.

When they replaced him they just swapped him out for The Beast, who is ALWAYS going to win his fair share of aerial battles. 

Think the CBs did okay, all things considered.

22 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

There’s the magic of the cup to enjoy though!

I really can't muster any enthusiasm for it this time, just feels like an inconvenience, especially when there's no fans.

I'll still be watching on Tuesday, obviously, but I'm not really fussed about whether we win, as long as we don't get any injuries.

Would honestly prefer if they had the cup matches at the end of the league season, then every team could fully focus on each round without rotating and prioritising the league.