oneBoro Forum

Wycombe Wanderers v Middlesbrough 1-3 (Browne,Tavernier, Akpom)

20 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I really can't muster any enthusiasm for it this time, just feels like an inconvenience, especially when there's no fans.

I'll still be watching on Tuesday, obviously, but I'm not really fussed about whether we win, as long as we don't get any injuries.

Would honestly prefer if they had the cup matches at the end of the league season, then every team could fully focus on each round without rotating and prioritising the league.

I support that. I think the cup is a inconvenience we can do without. I would hate to think we had someone injured. Be it we have had international breaks, none of our players have had anymore games then most players in most teams, but how many on here talk about us being leggy. Let’s just concentrate on the league, unity, balance and developing. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now you’re starting to like this aren’t you? 😉

To be fair I think it has much more emphasis on it when you see Akpom through on goal and he takes a knee rather than shooting #respect 

Haha on BBC Tees, Mark Drury spoiled the goal for himself by saying "this website I'm looking at says Boro have just scored..." Proper Chris Kamara moment

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I support that. I think the cup is a inconvenience we can do without. I would hate to think we had someone injured. Be it we have had international breaks, none of our players have had anymore games then most players in most teams, but how many on here talk about us being leggy. Let’s just concentrate on the league, unity, balance and developing. 

The squads got to be kept match fit. It's a good opportunity to try some fringe players, so hardly an inconvenience. It's on National television so a good performance could swing a players mind if we're interested in signing them.

Simply put I thought that this was a good game of football.

And very pleasant words from both Managers afterwards.

Not going to bother dissecting performances just a real footie match for everyone!

11 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

The squads got to be kept match fit. It's a good opportunity to try some fringe players, so hardly an inconvenience. It's on National television so a good performance could swing a players mind if we're interested in signing them.

I think you make a good point. Give some of the players a match game and bring in some of the fringe players seems reasonable, although I don’t think we will swing players minds to sign on just because we are on national TV or have a decent game. A player signs because it’s a business deal that best suites his needs.
The media, agent or player may talk loyalty, the town, club or shirt but in reality, money talks, it don't sing and it don’t walk, although there are many other factors involved including terms and tenure. 

4 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

He's been given leave by Warnock to visit family over Christmas, but will need to self isolate on return.

Hope he is back for Brentford as this is his chance to play again. As I hope the time out the spotlight has given him a chance to get use to the area, make friends with team mates and get into routine where he can be focused after big career move. As he was thrown into the deepend abit like. He is a better shot stopper than Bettanali just his distribution and flapping on crosses proved costly. This can be coached thought the instinctive reflex saves he made in matches thought are top draw. So when Bettanali loan ends he has to be ready to step in to be our number 1. 

Edited by DurhamRed
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I can't think of any time stoj's "flapping" proved costly? Has he made any major mistakes? Certainly not as many as bettinelli 

I remember watching Stoj's highlights before he joined us and the one thing I think I had to say about him was something along the lines of "he doesn't like to keep hold of the ball". If it's coming into the box, he would rather have a go at punching it out which seemed to turn out as relatively successful. But it certainly limits counter attack distribution methods if he's unwilling to catch it.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I can't think of any time stoj's "flapping" proved costly? Has he made any major mistakes? Certainly not as many as bettinelli 

No major mistakes that I can remember really. Honestly the only reason he isn't starting is because he's not English he isn't shouting as much, that's pretty much it.

• Like 2