oneBoro Forum

Why is oneboro

Dead compared to the other forums? This is probably the best platform and doesn't Have the one sided approach that fly me does and the maniac approach of comeonboro, its a bit mental. This place could thrive.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s because it’s 98% dedicated to football. We tend to keep all the other crap away from it (politics/religion etc) so when there isn’t much to football to talk about it quietens down a lot.  I ve

I tend to lurk on here and occasionally post on FMTTM. Comeonboro is full of fellas that think they are grownups but act like teenagers in an unsupervised youth club. FMTTM is very left leaning and so

I was just looking at the "online users" list and for every 1 registered user there seems to be multiple mysterious lurkers.    They're probably reading this right now 👀. Sign up yer buggers

Posted Images

It’s because it’s 98% dedicated to football. We tend to keep all the other crap away from it (politics/religion etc) so when there isn’t much to football to talk about it quietens down a lot. 

I very occasionally pop over to FMMTM but it doesn’t last long. I’m sure there is some very good content in there but I can’t be bother to trawl through all the other *** to get to it

I went on ComeOnBoro many years ago and it seemed as it’s a place for moronic teenage boys. And quite frankly I could make more sense of I just threw a handful of alphabet spaghetti at a whiteboard

(of course it may have changed by now) 

• Like 8
Just now, Uwe said:

And quite frankly I could make more sense of I just threw a handful of alphabet spaghetti at a whiteboard

I'm obviously a bit more sophisticated... I use proper spaghetti and create cursive writing

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

I'm obviously a bit more sophisticated... I use proper spaghetti and create cursive writing

You could try real small spaghetti and spaghetti hoops and converse in binary 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

Fmttm and CoB are full of Brexit supporting, racist idiots which sadly seems to be the norm online these days.

We don't stand for that here and discussing politics is generally frowned upon so it's not as active here, despite this clearly being the best forum.

• Haha 1

I love the fact its all about football as that's all I'm really interested in, I started a thread on fmttm about 6 months ago and about 4 posts in it turned into politics mud slinging. Keep the quality control up 👍

I think the way the comments are laid out masks how busy this site is sometimes. People normally post in existing threads rather than start new topics like on fmttm/others. 

Best indicator is the page views on the comment threads. The summer transfer thread this season generated over 1.2 MILLION! That's bananas.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I think the way the comments are laid out masks how busy this site is sometimes. People normally post in existing threads rather than start new topics like on fmttm/others. 

Best indicator is the page views on the comment threads. The summer transfer thread this season generated over 1.2 MILLION! That's bananas.

We get a lot of lurkers on the transfer threads too.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

We get a lot of lurkers on the transfer threads too.

I was just looking at the "online users" list and for every 1 registered user there seems to be multiple mysterious lurkers. 

They're probably reading this right now 👀. Sign up yer buggers!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Fair comment Borotron5000 and well explained by all so far.

It does go quiet but as the window kicks in it will get busier and our m/d threads do achieve a high number of posts (avereging 500 a game so far)

Plus CT has gone quiet!

• Like 1

I spent many years on FMTTM, but in the end, the politics turned me off. Contrary to what DZ said, I felt it was very left-leaning and anti-Tory, which probably isn't surprising considering their Rob's politics. I'm politically middle of the road, so the constant threads titled 'Tory scum' and 'Teeresa May must DIE' clogging up the forum homepage became tiresome when all I wanted to do was read and discuss football matters. Perhaps the political winds have changed over there since my day, but it doesn't sound like the overall quality of UX has improved much.

It's lovely being part of a forum that's (a) not full of trolls (though Adam Boro does his best) and (b) all about the football. I agree OB would be even better if it was more consistently busy, but I'd rather have quality over quantity any day. What we need to do is convert lurkers to posters - but I don't know how to go about that!

• Like 4

I tend to lurk on here and occasionally post on FMTTM. Comeonboro is full of fellas that think they are grownups but act like teenagers in an unsupervised youth club. FMTTM is very left leaning and some unfortunately twist threads to include politics where they can. This is the best football forum where people seem to tolerate differing views and debate politely. It is a delight to read and some posters have influenced my views by making me be a little more forensic with my thinking. 

I will try to post a little more often and contribute to this well organised board with well rounded posters (educationally speaking that is).

• Like 6
  • Haha 1