oneBoro Forum

Why is oneboro

It's too Boro centric with all the other threads congested like non Boro football, lots of the subjects covered should have their own threads, however, with everything lumped into one thread any discussion gets lost after a couple of pages. The mods should be actively encouraging, or starting new threads instead of constantly whinging about the Boro on the match day thread.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s because it’s 98% dedicated to football. We tend to keep all the other crap away from it (politics/religion etc) so when there isn’t much to football to talk about it quietens down a lot.  I ve

I tend to lurk on here and occasionally post on FMTTM. Comeonboro is full of fellas that think they are grownups but act like teenagers in an unsupervised youth club. FMTTM is very left leaning and so

I was just looking at the "online users" list and for every 1 registered user there seems to be multiple mysterious lurkers.    They're probably reading this right now 👀. Sign up yer buggers

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Fair comment Borotron5000 and well explained by all so far.

It does go quiet but as the window kicks in it will get busier and our m/d threads do achieve a high number of posts (avereging 500 a game so far)

Plus CT has gone quiet!

He's probably decided to lie low for a while since he got "outed" as being Anthony Vickers.

Expect he'll return under a new account name. 😉

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

He's probably decided to lie low for a while since he got "outed" as being Anthony Vickers.

Expect he'll return under a new account name. 😉

When did this happen? Must have missed that.

13 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Fmttm and CoB are full of Brexit supporting, racist idiots which sadly seems to be the norm online these days.

We don't stand for that here and discussing politics is generally frowned upon so it's not as active here, despite this clearly being the best forum.

Supporting Brexit does not make me racist and I'll have words with you personally if you are suggesting I am. Quit it. No place for that. 😡

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

Dead compared to the other forums? This is probably the best platform and doesn't Have the one sided approach that fly me does and the maniac approach of comeonboro, its a bit mental. This place could thrive.

Like others have stated no politics, no religion or racism just good old football.

Yes I would like to see more competitions but because the members are more younger these days there is not that much commitment.

From 2009 to around 2017 it was a great forum but yes it is ready for the graveyard  now.

• Like 1

I think it's interesting how people's experiences politically of FMTTM seem to differ, I've never seen it as politically left by their members but then I haven't been a regular member on that site ever and have only made occasional visits if someone mentions a story breaking out of there. I've also often found that 'left-leaning' these days seems to just mean 'politically left of where I am'. Same goes for the opposite way around, too.

On the political side, there's a time when calling for Thatcher's head would have been applauded or at least laughed off whilst calling for May's causes genuine discomfort in this region. Perhaps that doesn't designate where the forum lies, simply the changing political landscape.

Football and politics are sometimes intertwined, sometimes it isn't. To say we don't have political arguments on this forum isn't true but they usually start from football. We recently had a long-lasting debate on racism that was forged in the fires of Millwall fans booing players taking the knee and the incident involving an official referring to a coach by the colour of their skin.

55 minutes ago, rutters said:

Assuming that a person is racist simply because they voted to leave the EU is exactly what makes the other boards so toxic.

Exactly. This forum is pure football. Need to keep that sort of talk off here. Comeonboro and FMTTM are both there for that.

Can we ban talk of Brexit on here? The vote was five years ago, we left the EU a year ago, and even the interminable trade deal negotiations eventually ended. It's very old news now, and I'm sick of people still flinging s**t at anyone who didn't vote the 'right' way.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Can we ban talk of Brexit on here? The vote was five years ago, we left the EU a year ago, and even the interminable trade deal negotiations eventually ended. It's very old news now, and I'm sick of people still flinging s**t at anyone who didn't vote the 'right' way.

Done

• Like 1

FMTTM right wing?

I think it’s probably the most left wing football forum I’ve ever read and I sometimes look at the Brighton forum!

I think the lack of non football subjects is both this forums strength and it’s weakness. On the one hand it’s focussed on football, mainly Boro and there is only so much one can talk about team selections, formations etc, before it all gets a bit anodyne.
Match day threads are always popular but not as popular as the transfer thread, but it is a bit predictable, ie. is Gibson putting enough money into the club, we need to buy a winger and a decent striker and we should be able to get £20m for Britt/Fry/Saville etc. 

On the plus side this forum has the feeling of a tighter knit community, probably because people don’t tend to post strong opinions on anything outside of football, this makes for a happier place with less arguments, but it does drive down the amount of posts as things are nipped in the bud by one of the many moderators (there are more mods on here than on Brighton sea front on a bank holiday). 

I’d definitely be up for a few more arguments if anyone fancies it!

• Like 2